Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on November 13, 2018, 05:49:46 am

Title: The icy reflection
Post by: Hans Kruse on November 13, 2018, 05:49:46 am
This photo was shot on Lofoten in February 2017. There was not so much show to the icy lakes had wonderful ice for reflection and shapes.

I have had quite a pause on LuLa since I have been on two trips. The first to Chile for two weeks and then a road trip through France and Spain for 5 weeks to celebrate the retirement of my wife. It was fantastic and now we are back to almost normal :) Btw. I'm not retiring just yet.


(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4900/30905429167_16a11fc099_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/P61pn2)Morning at the icy lake (https://flic.kr/p/P61pn2) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 13, 2018, 07:31:29 am
You have a way with mountains, nicely done.
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2018, 08:04:48 am
You have a way with mountains, nicely done.
... and with light!
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: John R on November 13, 2018, 03:33:53 pm
Gorgeous.

JR
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Two23 on November 13, 2018, 04:44:00 pm
The further north you go, the better the light gets. :)


Kent in SD
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: HSakols on November 13, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
That is quite the frozen landscape!
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Hans Kruse on November 14, 2018, 04:35:17 am
Thanks very much for your comments :)
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 14, 2018, 08:43:03 pm
...to celebrate the retirement of my wife. It was fantastic and now we are back to almost normal :) Btw. I'm not retiring just yet.

Nice one Hans. I always enjoy a nice reflected snow capped landscape and some warm early morning light, yes very nice indeed  :)

Tell your wife that it takes about a year to really get into the retirement lifestyle. For the first few weeks it is like being on holiday, then it gets a little harder and you start feel (dare I say it) guilty, for no longer contributing to the ever more frenetic rat race. Then after several months of that, you finally begin to realise it was the best thing you ever did and then you get to the stage of thinking, how ever did I find time to go to work?

My dad once told me when I was first thinking about taking early retirement, that when he first did it, that every now and then he would start to feel really guilty about how he should get out of his chair and do something useful and constructive for a change. But how he then found out, that if you grip onto the arms of the armchair tightly and close your eyes, it soon begins to wear off..!

Dave
Title: Re: The icy reflection
Post by: Hans Kruse on November 17, 2018, 08:13:48 am
Nice one Hans. I always enjoy a nice reflected snow capped landscape and some warm early morning light, yes very nice indeed  :)

Tell your wife that it takes about a year to really get into the retirement lifestyle. For the first few weeks it is like being on holiday, then it gets a little harder and you start feel (dare I say it) guilty, for no longer contributing to the ever more frenetic rat race. Then after several months of that, you finally begin to realise it was the best thing you ever did and then you get to the stage of thinking, how ever did I find time to go to work?

My dad once told me when I was first thinking about taking early retirement, that when he first did it, that every now and then he would start to feel really guilty about how he should get out of his chair and do something useful and constructive for a change. But how he then found out, that if you grip onto the arms of the armchair tightly and close your eyes, it soon begins to wear off..!

Dave

Thanks Dave and time will tell how my wife feels about the retirement. She turned 70 this year so she is ok with no longer working :) But she actually kept some of her work which will make her busy for about 1.5-2 months per year and divided into twice per year.