Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 12, 2018, 07:13:10 pm
-
around the town
-
Wonderful stuff, Bob. Bravo!
-
I'm so glad you are getting out at night again, Bob.
-
I'm so glad you are getting out at night again, Bob.
November in CO is not at all like Florida. The cold causes one to make snap decisions. I took the first three photos within a half hour.
-
I like the first shot particularly (hate having to pixelate!), and the fourth.
I like the idea of "snap" decisions...
Rob
-
I like the first shot particularly (hate having to pixelate!), and the fourth.
I like the idea of "snap" decisions...
Rob
If I don't get permission from a person whose recognizable, I pixelate them. Sometimes it's a tough call. For instance, the guy in the car...
-
Why do you need to pixelate, Bob? Are you planning to sell the shots for advertising?
-
Why do you need to pixelate, Bob? Are you planning to sell the shots for advertising?
Won't be selling these shots for advertising. Since the woman's face inside the liquor store was recognizable (straight-on view), I decided to hide her identity. I pixelated the kid's face in the barber's chair too (although it's more subtle). I don't think the guy in the car is recognizable.
Since I took these photos surreptitiously, I feel uneasy about showing faces. ... Maybe this is just a phase I'm going through.
-
Won't be selling these shots for advertising. Since the woman's face inside the liquor store was recognizable (straight-on view), I decided to hide her identity. I pixelated the kid's face in the barber's chair too (although it's more subtle). I don't think the guy in the car is recognizable.
Since I took these photos surreptitiously, I feel uneasy about showing faces. ... Maybe this is just a phase I'm going through.
I thought the guy in the car was very recognizable to anyone who knew him.
Of course, the problem is as you state: feeling uneasy about it. I have the same feeling about shooting strangers, and I gave up adding stuff to my little gallery "Beautiful Strangers" for that very reason. It just felt invasive and, somehow, a bit weird... innocent enough, but still a bit invasive. The easy check was how would I feel about my own family females being employed like that? Not happy.
Rob