Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vartkes on November 09, 2018, 02:10:12 pm

Title: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
Post by: vartkes on November 09, 2018, 02:10:12 pm
I use an Epson 4900 currently. I am considering replacing it with a P800 rather than an Epson 5000 based on low volume of prints I make. I use roll paper and I know that p800 does not have a built-in paper cutter. How do users of P800 cut a print off the roll after it has printed neatly and avoid contortions?
Thanks
Vartkes
Title: Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
Post by: dgberg on November 10, 2018, 11:38:40 am
The 800 prints a nice cutline and forwards the paper to the proper position where a sharp scissors will finish the job.
Because I use my Rotatrim for final trimming the cutoff needs to be just good enough to make sure the printer still reads that front edge properly for the next print.
Title: Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
Post by: BobShaw on November 10, 2018, 05:00:58 pm
I bring a table up to it and build up the height with a box up to the right level to use a guillotine. Crude but works. Scissors don’t work.
Title: Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
Post by: Scho on November 12, 2018, 11:05:41 am
Battery powered electric scissors work well for this task.