Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bill Koenig on November 07, 2018, 01:56:51 pm
-
I have a new Epson P800 and It works great.
Last night I tried printing from my old Epson 3800 in Lightroom. In the printer dialog I chose the 3800 set everything up, hit print, after that I got a message Printer Not Ready.
It seems that my PC isn't communicating with the 3800 printer. My P800 was turned off while doing this.
Any ideas?
-
Reinstall the 3800 print driver FROM Epson.
-
If the drivers don't work, it's probably the cable that may be bad for it to not recognize the data to/from the computer.
-
Last night uninstalled the drivers for my 3800 then reinstalled with the most recent drivers from Epson's website.
At one point it asked which port for the printer, but my only option was manual so I chose USB 1, I have know idea which port to use.
I think it's supposed automatically configure this.
This time when I tried to print, all I got was the little hour glass on the screen, then nothing. I no longer got the message "Printer Not Ready"
The print job was in the queue, but wouldn't print.
I tried two different USB cables, one of which I use on my P800, and it works there.
I still think my printer is not communicating with my PC.
If the drivers don't work, it's probably the cable that may be bad for it to not recognize the data to/from the computer.
-
if you go into device manager, does it show the printer there? And does it show a yellow exclamation mark over the icon?
If you remove the p800 drivers, install the 3800 drivers and reboot, does the printer work?
-
I dont think it's a driver issue. I assume it *does* work for USB and NOT for Ethernet.
Is that a correct assumption?