Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: mseawell on November 06, 2018, 12:39:57 am

Title: Legends of the land
Post by: mseawell on November 06, 2018, 12:39:57 am
As I stare at the magnificence before me, I can almost imagine the native American tribes who passed through. These monuments have witnessed the rise and fall of Hopi, the Mojave, the Havasupai, and the Navajo Nation, all put down their roots and all eventually move on. What past wonders have these monuments witnessed, what do they whisper now? As I watch the morning light arrive in all its glory, I can't but help think about...legends of the land.
Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: John R on November 06, 2018, 12:47:03 am
Really cool shot and bw rendition.

JR

Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 06, 2018, 03:16:48 am
Beautiful. Apart from the bottom right: could you darken it a little? It draws the eye.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 06, 2018, 05:51:05 am
Excellent vision.
Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 06, 2018, 10:54:41 am
Beautiful. Apart from the bottom right: could you darken it a little? It draws the eye.

As does the out of focus foreground. Otherwise lovely.
Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 06, 2018, 11:24:17 am
Beautiful. Apart from the bottom right: could you darken it a little? It draws the eye.
Jeremy

Total agreement on both points.
Title: Re: Legends of the land
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 07, 2018, 12:29:54 am
Beautiful. Apart from the bottom right: could you darken it a little? It draws the eye.

Jeremy
I agree. I would be tempted to crop some of the bottom, including the light corner.
Otherwise, it is quite excellent.