Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Mark Greenberg on November 05, 2018, 09:19:43 am

Title: Coastal Images
Post by: Mark Greenberg on November 05, 2018, 09:19:43 am
Recently returned from a family New England/Canada fall foliage cruise.  I was using the latest iteration of the Sony RX10.  Sadly, there were mostly overcast days and foliage colors were subdued and not very vivid.  To compensate, I utilized the new version of Aurora HDR 2019, applying to single images.  Some LR and PS were also employed.  It is my impression that the Sony images have quite a bit of noise, regardless of ISO.  I would appreciate hearing from others if they think the problem is the camera or the HDR processing.  Thanks.
Mark
Title: Re: Coastal Images
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 05, 2018, 12:46:07 pm
To my eyes the processing is a bit aggressive.

Too much contrast, clarity, and that could increase the noise.

Can you post the original before HDR processing, please?!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Coastal Images
Post by: Mark Greenberg on November 06, 2018, 12:31:06 pm
Thierry
Thanks greatly for the comments.  In retrospect, I agree completely with your observation.  I plan to revise them as soon as time permits.  I'm afraid I often suffer from a need to over-process.  Glad you mentioned it.

Mark
Title: Re: Coastal Images
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 06, 2018, 02:29:56 pm
I think there's potential in all of them, but I agree entirely with Thierry. The second looks good as it is.

Jeremy