Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vartkes on November 01, 2018, 08:58:45 pm

Title: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: vartkes on November 01, 2018, 08:58:45 pm
I know this subject has been covered in the months and years past. However I have only now reached the end of my rope with 4900 clogging nozzles. I would like to read about the actual experience of the p800 users who make prints infrequently; such as one print every week or two week? What happens if you leave the printer and go traveling (shooting) for three weeks? I expect a cleaning cycle after non-use for several weeks but expect that nozzles will fire completely after cleaning. Is this your experience? My printer lives in 45% to 60% humidity from winter into summer months - I live in Niagara Region, Ontario, in Canada.
Thanks in advance
Vartkes
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: rdonson on November 01, 2018, 10:57:27 pm
I've had to run a cleaning once or twice since I've owned the P800 (July 2015).  I recently let it sit (covered) for 2 months, fired it up and printed a check and didn't need to do a cleaning.  I'm quite happy with the new print head in the P800.
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: JeanMichel on November 02, 2018, 09:14:30 am
My experience with the P800 is the same as Ron’s. Zero problems, including an over two-months period of no use as I was out of the country (I’m east of Toronto). Same with my larger printer, a P6000.
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: digitaldog on November 02, 2018, 01:52:13 pm
Ditto, don't think I've had any.
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: dgberg on November 02, 2018, 02:02:01 pm
I print a print or two every month and have had to do 2 cleanings in that time period for clogged nozzles.
Just as good or better then a 3880.
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: BradSmith on November 02, 2018, 02:22:52 pm
I print perhaps once every 2 weeks.  I've had to do nozzle cleanings more often than others here.....maybe once every other month.  Last time I had to run two cleaning cycles to clear the test print.   But I live in a pretty dry climate. 
Brad
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: rdonson on November 02, 2018, 09:40:36 pm
Brad makes a good point. 

I live in NC, USA where the humidity is generally 50-60% for 3/4 of the year.  Winter though when the heat kicks on the humidity in my house drops until I start up the humidifier. 
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: Wayne Fox on November 03, 2018, 12:38:37 am
I used one for a year, then replaced it with a 5000 with maybe one clog. gave it to my partner in my gallery he prints on it about every 2 weeks.  He told me the other day he’s only had to clean it once.

I’m in Utah, where humidity is rarely above 40%, usually in the 25% range and inside even drier in the winter once the furnace starts kicking in.
Title: Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
Post by: Stoic on November 09, 2018, 04:42:50 pm
Hi Vartkes, I live in a dryish moderate climate, and have had zero issues with my 2 year old baby. Sometimes I don't print for a couple of weeks or longer, but I always fire it up and print off an A4 test print weekly on cheapo paper when it's not in use, and generally I don't do a lot of printing. Only once did the nozzle check show signs of blockage, and a single clean had it perfect again. I also take the cartridges out and give them the recommended shake on about a monthly basis.