Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on October 29, 2018, 10:37:59 pm

Title: October paddock
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 29, 2018, 10:37:59 pm
Feedback always welcome.
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 30, 2018, 01:26:03 am
Very pastoral. Nicely composed, well-controlled contrast.
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 30, 2018, 06:24:00 am
Excellent leading lines from the fences, plus the movement of the horses; all under nice light.
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: RMW on October 30, 2018, 12:25:04 pm
Very nice. Hope you get to print this.
Richard
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: farbschlurf on October 30, 2018, 04:34:09 pm
Very nice. I like the rays from the upper right corner. It's not a lot, but I think the photo would be lesser without them.
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 31, 2018, 10:34:38 am
...I like the rays from the upper right corner. It's not a lot, but I think the photo would be lesser without them.

Interesting... I thought that they might be distracting. On the other hand, the rays are part of the scene.

I processed this using Duplex in Color Efex, following Maddog's suggestion about Orton in an earlier post (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=127035.0). It did a nice job on the contrast.

Thanks to all for your comments.
Title: Re: October paddock
Post by: Mark Greenberg on November 01, 2018, 12:47:39 pm
Very nice composition and processing.  Especially like the capture of the horses.

Mark