Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on October 19, 2018, 10:35:20 am

Title: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: KMRennie on October 19, 2018, 10:35:20 am
We have had a few days with temperature inversions in Borrowdale causing varying degrees of freezing fog over Derwentwater. Four images taken over a 2 hour period from the ultra minimalist onwards. Comments welcome Ken.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Mike Dale on October 19, 2018, 10:39:38 am
I like them all. Very well done.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: stamper on October 19, 2018, 11:04:34 am
Number 4 is especially nice. The first 3 have their merits.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 19, 2018, 11:41:32 am
Number four is really very nice
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 19, 2018, 12:48:45 pm
I'll be contrarian and say that I like the fourth the least. While it's a fine shot, it lacks the degree of mist which, for me, make the others quite special. I'm particularly taken with the minimalism of the first. At a first glance, I missed the swans and thought it unbalanced, but the more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. The light in the second is very beautiful.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 19, 2018, 02:44:28 pm
These are all lovely. As an emotional minimalist myself, I must admit my preferences in order are 1, 2, 3, and then 4.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 19, 2018, 04:26:54 pm
Top notch, all four of them. #1 is my pick.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Bob_B on October 19, 2018, 04:37:01 pm
I agree the series is wonderful. Ny ranking are 2, 1, 4, and 3. (I too like the swans in the second one. They add action to an otherwise static scene.)
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on October 19, 2018, 07:49:58 pm
The first stays with me most,... keep wanting to fill in what is "missing" beyond the swans.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: BradSmith on October 20, 2018, 02:40:59 pm
#2 for me!
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 21, 2018, 12:59:02 pm
Wow.
Title: Re: Derwentwater in the mist
Post by: armand on October 24, 2018, 09:18:21 pm
First 2, very nice!