Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: cmburns on October 22, 2006, 12:49:19 am

Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: cmburns on October 22, 2006, 12:49:19 am
Can ayone reccomend a small lightweight battery charger for the Canon NP-E3 batteries? I'm trying to cut weight and size from my baggage and the big honking battery charger from Canon seems like a great place to start. I don't need to charge 2 batteries at once, just one at a time is fine.
Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: sjms on October 27, 2006, 07:21:07 pm
Quote
Can ayone reccomend a small lightweight battery charger for the Canon NP-E3 batteries? I'm trying to cut weight and size from my baggage and the big honking battery charger from Canon seems like a great place to start. I don't need to charge 2 batteries at once, just one at a time is fine.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=81591\")

yes i can. its the Charger Devices CD-BCNPE3 Charger. it is available from www.eastgear.com. yes they are in Singapore. it took 4 days to get to me in NJ. it is a single battery charger and does its job very well. no refresh capability but then again its not a necessity for its purpose. it is considerably more compact then the original.
[a href=\"http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621]http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....products_id=621[/url]
it is available in US and EU plug baseline configs. i've been using it steadily for the past 4 months now w/o any hiccups. i'm even debating a second one.
Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: francois on October 28, 2006, 03:21:04 am
Quote
yes i can. its the Charger Devices CD-BCNPE3 Charger. it is available from www.eastgear.com. yes they are in Singapore. it took 4 days to get to me in NJ. it is a single battery charger and does its job very well. no refresh capability but then again its not a necessity for its purpose. it is considerably more compact then the original.
http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....products_id=621 (http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621)
it is available in US and EU plug baseline configs. i've been using it steadily for the past 4 months now w/o any hiccups. i'm even debating a second one.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Brilliant sjms! I remembered of this compact charger but couldn't find the web site where I saw it a few months ago. With the weight/size restrictions on flights it might prove handy.

 
Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: ChrisHA on October 28, 2006, 04:52:18 am
I bought mine at naturescapes.net =

http://www.naturescapes.net/store/home.php (http://www.naturescapes.net/store/home.php)
Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: sjms on October 28, 2006, 04:42:09 pm
i forgot about that one. you are right. though,back when i got mine it was EU plug only (US adapter supplied) and naturescapes didn't carry it yet. next one will come from them as needed.
Title: Canon 1 series compatible battery charger?
Post by: Julian Love on October 30, 2006, 02:58:16 pm
Thanks for the tip! Just what I've been looking for. Ordered one from Eastgear.

Julian