Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Dan Wells on October 15, 2018, 10:54:58 am

Title: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: Dan Wells on October 15, 2018, 10:54:58 am
It's deeply buried in the huge amount of publicity over Photoshop and a version of Premiere coming to the iPad, but the new features list in today's version of Lightroom (Classic - I don't know about the cloud version) contains three very interesting newly supported cameras many of us have been waiting for.

Nikon Z7
Fujifilm X-T3
Canon EOS R


All three appear to have full support, although I couldn't find lens profiles for the Z Nikkors (maybe they're in there - it's not well organized)
Title: Re: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: Dan Wells on October 15, 2018, 11:12:19 am
Although I just downloaded a Lightroom update, and got 7.5 (the August version, which I hadn't bothered with) instead of today's 8.0, which has the camera support (and a new Process Version, which may be a significant improvement in some circumstances).
Title: Re: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: faberryman on October 15, 2018, 11:25:33 am
Although I just downloaded a Lightroom update, and got 7.5 (the August version, which I hadn't bothered with) instead of today's 8.0, which has the camera support (and a new Process Version, which may be a significant improvement in some circumstances).
The 8.0 update isn't showing up for me either. Perhaps they are doing it in batches so as not to overload the servers.
Title: Re: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: cgarnerhome on October 15, 2018, 12:47:30 pm
Just downloaded the update and it is 8.0
Title: Re: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: Dan Wells on October 15, 2018, 04:51:32 pm
After restarting my Mac, I get 8.0...
Title: Re: Z7, X-T3 and EOS-R supported in Lightroom Classic CC as of Oct. 15
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 15, 2018, 08:39:26 pm
Downloaded 2 hours ago.

But 7.5 was already able to open Z7 14bits lossless compressed .nef files.

I'll need to compare the 7.5 to 8.0 files to see whether colors are improved.

Cheers,
Bernard