Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 14, 2018, 07:34:18 am

Title: canyon dawn
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 14, 2018, 07:34:18 am
Going through some old photos. Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 14, 2018, 08:24:07 am
I like the way the tree and the mountain balance so nicely, and the light is quite nice.

Must be one of the lesser-known parts of England.   ;)
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Alan Klein on October 14, 2018, 03:46:42 pm
Nice shot Jeremy.
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 14, 2018, 04:35:54 pm
It nicely retains the bright, misty atmosphere of an early morning. Btw, were we in the same spot (judging buy the notch in the horizon)?

Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: armand on October 14, 2018, 07:06:45 pm
You guys are brave, I couldn't wake up early enough, I only have sunsets  :D

Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 20, 2018, 01:40:18 pm
It nicely retains the bright, misty atmosphere of an early morning. Btw, were we in the same spot (judging buy the notch in the horizon)?

It would seem so, Slobodan. Yaki Point.

You guys are brave, I couldn't wake up early enough, I only have sunsets  :D

Armand, I'm not that brave. I'd arrived from the UK only a couple of days beforehand. My body clock was still shifting back: it was 1330 at home and I was feeling mid-morningish.

Jeremy
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Alan Klein on October 20, 2018, 08:55:27 pm
Bryce Canyon shot at dawn from Sunset Point.  (shorter walk from the parking lot than sunrise point)
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 20, 2018, 09:24:41 pm
Nice one, Alan.
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Two23 on October 21, 2018, 12:11:49 pm
Nicely composed but I probably would have added just a touch more contrast.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 21, 2018, 01:31:42 pm
Nicely composed but I probably would have added just a touch more contrast.

To Alan's or to mine, Kent?

Here's a slight re-working, using Nik Colour Efex to add a bit of contrast to the sky, the canyon floor to the right and the brightly-lit area to the right of the tree.

Jeremy
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Two23 on October 21, 2018, 02:22:56 pm
Yours.  The redo is subtly but noticeable better.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 21, 2018, 08:04:08 pm
Yours.  The redo is subtly but noticeable better.


Kent in SD
+1.
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: churly on October 21, 2018, 09:01:22 pm
Good touch Jeremy.
Title: Re: canyon dawn
Post by: Alan Klein on October 21, 2018, 10:41:47 pm
I like that shot Jeremy.  I think I was standing in the same place.  On a paved path near a restaurant?