Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dchew on October 07, 2018, 10:07:31 am

Title: Browns Race
Post by: dchew on October 07, 2018, 10:07:31 am
A few iPhone snaps from yesterday's stroll through Eastman's stomping grounds. "Brown's Race" was an old water diversion canal for power in the early 1800's. Now a historic district and a street name.

Dave

(http://www.davechewphotography.com/temp_images/DChew_181006_3657-FrameShop.jpg)

(http://www.davechewphotography.com/temp_images/DChew_181006_3658-FrameShop.jpg)

(http://www.davechewphotography.com/temp_images/DChew_181006_3663-FrameShop.jpg)

(http://www.davechewphotography.com/temp_images/DChew_181006_3672-FrameShop.jpg)
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: JNB_Rare on October 07, 2018, 12:45:34 pm
In the right hands (e.g. yours) the iPhone can produce admirable results for sharing. I especially like Browns Race Mark-up.
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 07, 2018, 01:06:48 pm
Impressive, Dave - which iPhone, out of curiosity?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 07, 2018, 01:17:31 pm
Now I'm finally tempted to get an iPhone. But only if you'll come along to operate it for me, Dave!

Great set!
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: dchew on October 07, 2018, 01:31:47 pm
Impressive, Dave - which iPhone, out of curiosity?

Jeremy

7. I keep being tempted to upgrade but Apple hasn’t managed to kill my battery life to shorter than one day yet, so I’m sticking with it for now!

Dave
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: John R on October 07, 2018, 09:58:09 pm
Very impressive Dave. Love the images.

JR
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: brandtb on October 08, 2018, 02:06:08 pm
Very nice group
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: Rob C on October 08, 2018, 02:30:31 pm
"Room with a View"

I see a woman with a cool, military helmet-style hat and a red coat...

Rob
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: dchew on October 09, 2018, 05:25:17 am
In the right hands (e.g. yours) the iPhone can produce admirable results for sharing. I especially like Browns Race Mark-up.
Thank you. That was the toughest to capture. Long arms required to keep the clown's feet from intruding.
Now I'm finally tempted to get an iPhone. But only if you'll come along to operate it for me, Dave!

Great set!
Very impressive Dave. Love the images.

JR
Very nice group

Thank you.For the most part it rained at night and daytime provided nice overcast, gloomy weather.

"Room with a View"

I see a woman with a cool, military helmet-style hat and a red coat...

Rob
Ha! For anyone who has been to this street in Rochester recently, it is an interesting combination of restoration and decay. A microcosm of Rochester itself. Wegmans, Paychex and other organizations have done a good job filling in to keep the town vibrant, but the signs of what used to be are literally everywhere. My wife grew up there and her father was 30+ years at Kodak on the packaging lines. I've been there many times over the last 25 years and still find it a fascinating place.

Dave
Title: Re: Browns Race
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 10, 2018, 11:11:49 am
Superb work. The second one (of the grille) is fantastic.