Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 01, 2018, 01:56:11 pm

Title: Fall color weekend
Post by: MattBurt on October 01, 2018, 01:56:11 pm
I've been traveling lately and I often miss the best color here at home. Lucky for me this year I think I hit peak color just after returning from the West coast.
Here are a few images from the weekend which I spent hiking and driving to various local locations for fall color. I'm hoping to catch a little more this week before the leaves all blow down which can happen very suddenly this time of year.

Friday night dog walk (dog not pictured)
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1912/45000554121_321ce5937e_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2byxAWM)IMGP0272-HDR-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/2byxAWM) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1959/43188996870_43128bcba0_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/28NsU65)IMGP0209-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/28NsU65) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

Sunday morning (2 images stitched)
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1927/30073243257_b9b0f00b69_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/MPteu6)IMGP0377-Pano-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/MPteu6) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

Sunday evening, a little late for the best light here. I may try this location for sunrise one morning soon.
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1944/30096520487_940d3650bb_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/MRwwZD)IMGP2475-HDR-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/MRwwZD) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: MattBurt on October 02, 2018, 12:45:53 pm
Went out again this morning. Getting it while the leaves are still up!
I was hoping for some dramatic light but got socked in and rainy instead.

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1918/45054415731_647e5d86fd_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2bDiE8e)

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1950/44335665024_cfc6a30a42_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2axMSzE)
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: farbschlurf on October 02, 2018, 01:04:20 pm
Don't know why, but I like the last pictures without sun a lot. They have a 2-dimensional/flat look which is nice, it's more about the colors than about the actual landscape that way. 
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: nirpat89 on October 02, 2018, 01:09:10 pm
Wonderful, all of them!

If this was home, I would never travel anywhere.... :)
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 02, 2018, 03:40:00 pm
Great series.
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: MattBurt on October 02, 2018, 03:44:26 pm
Thanks! I'm hoping for one of those truly magic moments of light and weather but also getting some solid stuff while I wait. :)

Here is one more from a third valley overlook on Monday evening.
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1949/43235057210_9be6b20877_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/28SwYdS)
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: HSakols on October 02, 2018, 07:40:57 pm
The last one is great!  Nice dog walking.  The colors are also happening on the east side of the Sierra. 
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: MattBurt on October 03, 2018, 03:27:41 pm
Today would have been the morning to be out at Mill Creek (the big valley with the cliffs above). We had a clearing storm with a double rainbow and magical light. Unfortunately for me I had a house guest from work and I couldn't just disappear to chase the light. Well, not for very long anyway. So I just rode the scenic route to the office and made a few stops around town this morning long after the rainbow had faded. Still pretty! We don't often have puddles around here so I kind of geeked out on them. :)

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1931/45030057252_3c60f3e909_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2bB9Pcs)

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1902/45030062242_5d8ec5b7cf_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2bB9QFu)

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1913/31205356538_d330d11809_c.jpg)
 (https://flic.kr/p/PxvBjA)
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 03, 2018, 04:58:01 pm
A good set, and good use of the puddles!
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: langier on October 03, 2018, 06:32:43 pm
I'd tell you that you got there at the right time and did well, Matt! Nice collection!
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: John R on October 03, 2018, 07:47:49 pm
Very nice set, well composed.

JR
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: MattBurt on October 04, 2018, 11:54:02 am
Thanks!
The leaves are really holding up this year so I may make it back out to Mill Creek or another big vista spot before they are done.
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: Rayyan on October 07, 2018, 05:02:39 am

Beautiful set.
Title: Re: Fall color weekend
Post by: praja343 on October 08, 2018, 09:24:15 am
Great series particularly the Oct. 2 images. Where is "here at home"?