Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: rxchaos on September 22, 2018, 03:16:47 pm
-
My i1_ISIS_XL is connect to a Mac and I run i1Profiler 1.8. Since yesterday when I click the Measure button in i1Profiler it displays the message “Device not available. Failure to find hardware in device instance”.
Restarts and connecting the ISIS to a different USB port didn’t help. So, I ran the i1Profiler_Full_Unistaller and installed i1Profiler 1.8.1 (the most current version).
The ISIS worked as it should, and the problem started to recur.
Ay thoughts? I was going to call XRite on Monday. Hopefully they’ll have an answer
-
Check the USB cable connection in the back of the i1iSis XL. If it's even a little loose it won't connect.
-
> Check the USB cable connection in the back of the i1iSis XL. If it's even a little loose it won't connect.
Thank you Doug. That's the first thing I checked, and made sure it was securly plugged into the USB port on the Mac, and even tried different ports. Also tried plugging it into the USB port on my Eizo monitor.
For now, I ran the i1Profiler-full-unistaller again and reinstalled i1Profiler v1.8.1 again. It seems to work for now.
Since the error reference a 'Device instance' i assumed it must to software related, perhaps an i1Profiler link to the ISIS was corrupt or went missing. It was a guess.
I'll call XRite and see what they have to say.
-
FYI, if the USB isn’t fully connected, the unit doesn’t power up. Bug or feature depending on your POV.
-
XRite TechSupport's solution was to connect the USB cable after you start i1Profiler. That seems to work.