Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: narikin on September 17, 2018, 11:16:44 am

Title: XXL prints/printers - anything changed recently?
Post by: narikin on September 17, 2018, 11:16:44 am
I make XXL pigment ink prints, and currently am limited by the 64" width of Epson's offerings.

Am I missing anything new that jumps to 72/84/90" + prints.

I'm aware of the Swiss Q machine and HPs latest Grand Format 98" R2000 latex offering, but wondered if there was anything wide pigment, or any service that I'm missing?

(Yes I know media is an issue, but first... the printer)

Thanks
Title: Re: XXL prints/printers - anything changed recently?
Post by: Wayne Fox on September 17, 2018, 06:24:18 pm
I’ve used Mimaki printers but it was a long time ago.  At the time they were a actually using Epson built heads, and possibly still do because they are widely used in the fabric dye sublimation business, and bubble jet technology like HP and Canon can’t be used for dye sub inks.  There are a few other companies out there that make “grand” format printers, not sure how many are offering a pigment ink product anymore, most have gone solvent or UV curable.