Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: LesPalenik on September 10, 2018, 08:06:58 pm

Title: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: LesPalenik on September 10, 2018, 08:06:58 pm
Adobe has announced a new and more intelligent version of Content Aware Fill. No firm delivery date yet, but it looks promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9t5POPPNfg
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Rand47 on September 10, 2018, 11:25:37 pm
VERY COOL!  Thanks for sharing . . .

Rand
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: digitaldog on September 11, 2018, 11:57:05 am
Content aware 'technology' is one of the best reasons to keep updating. It's usually not a prefect fix like you see in the video's but it can be a huge time savor.
If only it could be done on the raw data and layers.....
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on September 11, 2018, 12:21:07 pm
That will save me time with my commercial product photography.
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Arlen on September 17, 2018, 02:44:18 pm

If only it could be done on the raw data and layers.....

Andrew, the video briefly shows an option in the coming new version to send the output to a layer.
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on October 15, 2018, 11:44:34 am
So this arrived with today’s update to PS2019. I had a go with some of my catalogue work. Places where I have used fishing line to hold handles of bags up and so on. I’m pretty quick at cloning this type of thing out, would be after more than 20 years I suppose, but the new content aware fill is an absolute dream in this application. Tomorrow I have several Polo bags to shoot and this will save me some time. It really nailed the samples I tested it on

It’s not ingfallable of course as I found out trying it with various street scenes and landscape photos but it is surprisingly good. I am well pleased with this.
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Doug Gray on October 15, 2018, 09:32:52 pm
Thanks for the PS update notice!

If fixed my 30 bit monitor path which was broken back in the Fall 2017 Windows major update. It had worked most of the prior 12 months then that update broke it and it reverted to 24 bit. Supposedly it was an Nvidia update issue.

Mostly, it was just annoying. Didn't impact most uses but when constructing synthetics it bugged me. It was reported to Adobe and they did finally fix it!

interesting how few people were complaining about it. Indicates how obscure it is and that few have images that bring out the defect.

However, PS has other issues re soft proofing. Don't know if they fixed those.
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on October 16, 2018, 12:17:49 pm
I updated and tried new content-aware on a photo of marsh grass containing a great deal of detail. All attempts left blurred areas
within the fill.

Will try later with a photo with less fine detail.

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: guido on October 27, 2018, 11:57:44 am
I have been quite happy with the new content aware fill. It has worked like a charm for the several things I have tried it on...
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: rdonson on October 27, 2018, 12:34:27 pm
https://youtu.be/-PM21TZdv1o
Title: Re: New PS CC Content Aware Fill
Post by: LesPalenik on November 28, 2018, 06:05:40 pm
Another impressive Content Aware Fill demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uufErqO544