Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on September 09, 2018, 05:40:33 pm

Title: Impressions of Fall
Post by: churly on September 09, 2018, 05:40:33 pm
A multiple exposure in the flower garden.  Too much detail?
Chuck
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 09, 2018, 06:23:58 pm
I find it quite delightful.
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: churly on September 10, 2018, 07:01:48 am
Thanks Eric.  I never know how this type of shot will be perceived.Chuck
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: francois on September 10, 2018, 09:31:34 am
Interesting and quite pleasing!
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: churly on September 11, 2018, 08:47:34 am
Thanks Francois.
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: 32BT on September 11, 2018, 09:06:58 am
The thumbnail obv doesn't do this justice. The structure in the larger version seems very harsh for the subject. I also think that impressionistic images like these require careful balance and distribution of colorsurfaces, and i'm not sure this one hits that balance.

Did you have more trials before ending up with this one?

(ps. Not that i would be able to do better, just sharing my personal impression)
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: Telecaster on September 11, 2018, 04:21:02 pm
I have to say on my iPad I prefer the thumbnail. The larger version IMO is too detailed. Maybe a bit of diffusion or negative clarity would mellow it out…

-Dave-
Title: Re: Impressions of Fall
Post by: churly on September 12, 2018, 09:28:04 am
O & Dave,
Thanks for your observations.  This was a bit of an experiment.  I do have a softer version but preferred the superposition of the detail on the softer background.  But that is why I posted and I appreciate the feedback. I agree that only a part of the composition holds together.
Chuck