Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: hea7 on September 08, 2018, 09:18:47 pm

Title: Photoshop CC
Post by: hea7 on September 08, 2018, 09:18:47 pm
Often in PS CC I will click on the top layer, select a tool, say the move tool, & when I click on the part of the image I want to move PS selects a layer below & moves off the top layer.
Why & how to stop this from happening?
Title: Re: Photoshop CC
Post by: Mark D Segal on September 08, 2018, 09:23:06 pm
Not clear what you are trying to do - but as far as I've ever seen, the Move tool moves the whole of the layer that is active.
Title: Re: Photoshop CC
Post by: TonyW on September 08, 2018, 09:37:00 pm
I believe you may have the Auto-Select option ticked for the move tool.  When ticked it automatically moves to the layer that contains pixels directly under the pointer. 

AFAIK this option became default switched on with one of the PS CC versions.  Anyway if Auto Select is ticked then disable and you should be back to predictable behaviour
Title: Re: Photoshop CC
Post by: hea7 on September 09, 2018, 07:31:17 pm
Thanks