Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on September 05, 2018, 02:43:57 am

Title: Bárðardalur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 05, 2018, 02:43:57 am
Bárðardalur. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2018/09/05/bardardalur/)

Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 06, 2018, 04:31:46 am
I love the first !

Thierry
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 06, 2018, 09:21:30 am
I like them both, and I love the sweaters.

On our visit to Iceland in June 1974, my wife and I both immediately bought sweaters (for the climate, not just because they are beautiful.) Then, at the Keflavik duty-free store on our way home I bought some Icelandic yarn and sweater pattern books as  gift for my mother.

That was the best investment I ever made! She made sweaters for me, my wife, my father, and herself. Then she bought more Icelandic yarn through a local knitting shop and made several more. I got two, and our son got a lovely hooded sweater.

If I can find a photo of him in it, I will post it.
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 07, 2018, 12:05:49 pm
Thank you, Thierry and Eric.

Eric - Great story of your mother. Please post the photos of the sweaters.
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 10, 2018, 04:31:41 am
Classic.
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: langier on September 10, 2018, 03:44:02 pm
More nice work, Rajan!
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on September 10, 2018, 05:45:15 pm
Rajan ,  the first image is , to me, ... well can't  place the feeling,.. to me,... but wells up in me  so much vastness and isolation,.. three crosses against those seemingly distant heights,...? wonderful.  perhaps one day I to can experience in what you saw.

 thanks,

Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 14, 2018, 02:21:41 am
Paulo, Larry, Leszek - thank you.

Leszek - may you have that experience soon!
Title: Re: Bárðardalur
Post by: HSakols on September 15, 2018, 10:19:25 am
Wonderful!  I don't dare show my wife or she will want to go right now.  It is still hot here.