Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rastas on September 04, 2018, 08:30:24 pm
-
Anyone hear anything firm about Fuji releasing a 30mm or 35mm tilt shift lens for the GFX? Or, any clue as to when the gfx 100 might be available for sale?
thanks
-
Anyone hear anything firm about Fuji releasing a 30mm or 35mm tilt shift lens for the GFX? Or, any clue as to when the gfx 100 might be available for sale?
thanks
The latest crop of rumours have it that the GFX-100 will be announced and on sale later than expected.
It is possible Sony is having trouble ramping up sensor production.
Edmund
-
Thanks ernold. Any insight on a fuji tilt shift lens?
-
Thanks ernold. Any insight on a fuji tilt shift lens?
If you need one now, you could use a Canon or Nikon or I guess the old Mamiya, and a mount adapter. Stefan (Hartblei) has some adapters and also some Hassy Zeiss lenses converted to GFX shift/tilt.
Look through my rumors thread.
I could but won’t talk about my opinions on native Fuji TS. Too many oeople he are waiting to see me with egg on face.
Edmund
-
If you need one now, you could use a Canon or Nikon or I guess the old Mamiya, and a mount adapter. Stefan (Hartblei) has some adapters and also some Hassy Zeiss lenses converted to GFX shift/tilt.
Look through my rumors thread.
I could but won’t talk about my opinions on native Fuji TS. Too many oeople he are waiting to see me with egg on face.
Edmund
How can you have an opinion on it if Fuji hasn't even announced it???
-
How can you have an opinion on it if Fuji hasn't even announced it???
I’m very opinionated.
Edmund
-
I’m very opinionated.
Edmund
Sort of like fake news, right?
-
Sort of like fake news, right?
I guess this thread has tilted and shifted to the point where no light can reach the image plane.
Edmund
-
Serkan Günes Fujifilm GFX-Series Ambassador on his official Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnY2FAbnqe_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Does it not look like a T/S on a GFX? Perhaps testing or perhaps not?
-
As much as I would love to have a proof of a Fuji TS-lens -
To me that looks like a Hasselblad lens with a Hasselblad HTS 1.5 Tilt/Shift Konverter and a Hasselblad-Fuji-Adapter mounted on a Fuji GFX.
Serkan Günes Fujifilm GFX-Series Ambassador on his official Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnY2FAbnqe_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Does it not look like a T/S on a GFX? Perhaps testing or perhaps not?
-
As much as I would love to have a proof of a Fuji TS-lens -
To me that looks like a Hasselblad lens with a Hasselblad HTS 1.5 Tilt/Shift Konverter and a Hasselblad-Fuji-Adapter mounted on a Fuji GFX.
A convoluted way of geting T/S on the Fuji. Serkan probably longs for the real thing ;)
/Eric
-
The HTS includes optics to enlarge the image circle to make it big enough for shift.
I am not sure what effect that has on the optical quality (never used it myself), but some minor degradation seems probable to me. I hope an original Fuji shift lens to be sharper than such a combination, but we will have to wait.
One thing that you should keep in mind: the HTS multiplies the focal length with 1.5. The widest Hasselblad lens is the HCD 24mm. The HTS makes it a 36mm lens. Not very wide, depending on your style of shooting. The Canon TS lenses are wider and give excellent results in most situations, but the shift range is a bit reduced because the wider sensor "eats up" some of the image circle.
So I still hope Fuji will make a shift lens in the 30 to 35mm range (as rumored by fujirumors). And I hope the image circle to be big enough for at least 12mm of shift (better 15mm which is close to half of the sensor height).
A convoluted way of geting T/S on the Fuji. Serkan probably longs for the real thing ;)
/Eric
-
Hasselblad V lenses work well with the Kipon shift adapter.
Enclosed an example of the CF 50f4 FLE @ f11 at full 15mm shift.
Distortion corrected in PS w/ Alpa lens correction plug-in (modified for Fuji GFX sensor dimension;-).
Corner sharpness is good. The new Canon 50 TSE might be a bit sharper and I guess has less distortion but only allows 12mm shift movement.
-
Just to add some more fake news, here is the amazon listing for the Hassy-GFX tilt/shift Kipon adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Kipon-Shift-Adapter-Hasselblad-Camera/dp/B07CZL6C2P
It's a bit pricey, but on the other hand Hassy CF lenses are a buyers market.
Edmund
Hasselblad V lenses work well with the Kipon shift adapter.
Enclosed an example of the CF 50f4 FLE @ f11 at full 15mm shift.
Distortion corrected in PS w/ Alpa lens correction plug-in (modified for Fuji GFX sensor dimension;-).
Corner sharpness is good. The new Canon 50 TSE might be a bit sharper and I guess has less distortion but only allows 12mm shift movement.
-
This will give you all the tilt and shift you will ever need.
4 x 5 adapter (https://fotodioxpro.com/products/4x5-gfx-pro?variant=39813332103)
-
No. Very limited. Wideangles don't fit.
In this post they say: "*This adapter positions the film plane further back from the original film plane, this system requires the use of lenses 90mm or longer."
This will give you all the tilt and shift you will ever need.
4 x 5 adapter (https://fotodioxpro.com/products/4x5-gfx-pro?variant=39813332103)
-
As much as I would love to have a proof of a Fuji TS-lens -
To me that looks like a Hasselblad lens with a Hasselblad HTS 1.5 Tilt/Shift Konverter and a Hasselblad-Fuji-Adapter mounted on a Fuji GFX.
Actually I am quite interested to know how well that works... this is by far the most "official" way to get T/S on the GFX :D
But there aren't much examples could be found online, I guess this is not that common use case...
-
I think the Cambo Actus GFX is your best answer for tilt shift with a GFX at this time.
Converting a Canon T/S lens is a viable second, as are options discussed above.
YMMV.
-
Serkan Günes, Fujifilm GFX-Series Ambassador, will have a tilt/shift workshop next fall.
http://www.zoomfotoresor.se/workshop-i-tilt-shift/
Would probably not give a workshop without a native t/s for his GFX.
-
Fuji Rumors listed three new Fuji lenses on the roadmap during Photokina. A tilt-shift was not on the list much to my disappointment.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/2527051583/three-new-lenses-added-to-fujifilms-g-mount-roadmap.
As for the 100 GFX, that was announced as coming sometime in 2019. I saw somewhere else that the price would be $10,000, but I think that was speculative rather than from Fuji.
-
IIRC, Fuji said "under $10000"
-
Serkan Günes, Fujifilm GFX-Series Ambassador, will have a tilt/shift workshop next fall.
http://www.zoomfotoresor.se/workshop-i-tilt-shift/
Would probably not give a workshop without a native t/s for his GFX.
Let's hope, but I doubt it, the web page says that you have to come with your own camera/lens/tripod. He personally could shoot large format for all we know.