Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mscherlacher on September 01, 2018, 11:12:29 am

Title: Anyone running a Z3200 on a Linux system?
Post by: mscherlacher on September 01, 2018, 11:12:29 am
Just wondering if this is possible.  I've about had enough of Microsoft and there constant invasion into my computer and would like to switch to Linux. As far as I can tell the only thing holding me back is the lack of a printer driver.  Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Anyone running a Z3200 on a Linux system?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on September 01, 2018, 05:22:48 pm
Just wondering if this is possible.  I've about had enough of Microsoft and there constant invasion into my computer and would like to switch to Linux. As far as I can tell the only thing holding me back is the lack of a printer driver.  Thanks in advance.

Even the Linux friendly Caldera RIP does not totally support the Z printers.  An expensive route too.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Anyone running a Z3200 on a Linux system?
Post by: mscherlacher on September 03, 2018, 02:02:19 pm
Thought that might be the case. Thanks for the response Ernst.

Michael
Title: Re: Anyone running a Z3200 on a Linux system?
Post by: Ferp on September 03, 2018, 07:21:45 pm
Is running the printer in a linux host / windows guest virtual machine a viable option?  E.g. Virtualbox?