Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: rpinciuc on October 18, 2006, 12:17:08 pm

Title: Floating Leaves
Post by: rpinciuc on October 18, 2006, 12:17:08 pm
Michael,

I really like your new homepage photograph, "Floating Leaves". It is quiet and delicate, and reminds me why I love to spend so much of my time in Algonquin (and other Ontario parks).

It also reminds me, as I was reading Ansel Adams' biography--he often encountered difficult weather in remote locations (especially Alaska) and returned to California with many negatives of forest details

Quick technical question about it: you seem to have kept the entire scene in focus; did you stop down significantly (ie., more than f/22), or crop, or what? I sometimes have a hard time keeping relatively close-up scenes in sharp focus, front to back, with my 5D. I try to avoid stopping down past f/16 with my Zeiss primes, because f/22 is too soft. Perhaps I needn't worry so much about diffraction. Care to comment on this?

Also caught your seminar at TCC last week, well done.

Cheers,
-Rob
Title: Floating Leaves
Post by: DarkPenguin on October 18, 2006, 12:22:12 pm
I'm curious what happened to the Linhof.  Seems the pictures are all from the h2.  (Nice, picture, btw.)