Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 31, 2018, 04:40:07 pm

Title: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on August 31, 2018, 04:40:07 pm
I've had this image in my mind for several months, just haven't had the time to capture it. Please let me know your thoughts, and thanks for taking a look. - Bob
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: James Clark on August 31, 2018, 05:26:18 pm
Really beautiful.  And nice work on the tonal range too.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: glyph on August 31, 2018, 05:47:16 pm
Lovely. Well seen, and flawlessly executed.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: JNB_Rare on August 31, 2018, 06:14:12 pm
Lovely. Well seen, and flawlessly executed.

+1
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: BobDavid on August 31, 2018, 06:37:43 pm
+1
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 31, 2018, 06:57:30 pm
+2.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 31, 2018, 07:30:04 pm
Wonderful!
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: degrub on August 31, 2018, 08:18:06 pm
What is the image in the bubble ?
It is large enough to tease, but not discern.
It distracts me from the excellence of the rest of the photo.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 01, 2018, 03:48:23 am
Beautifully done.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on September 01, 2018, 07:48:05 am
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your kind words.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on September 01, 2018, 07:51:33 am
What is the image in the bubble ?
It is large enough to tease, but not discern.
It distracts me from the excellence of the rest of the photo.

Hi degrub: I don't know what the source of the refracted image may be, but I rather like it, as I see a bird's head and wings in it. Thanks for your thoughts.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 01, 2018, 12:31:03 pm
Superb.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: RSL on September 01, 2018, 03:22:21 pm
+1
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on September 01, 2018, 07:43:39 pm
Thanks Rajan and Russ.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: MattBurt on September 04, 2018, 01:15:22 pm
Very nice photo. In the studio, I assume? It all looks very controlled (in a good way).
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on September 04, 2018, 04:13:23 pm
Very nice photo. In the studio, I assume? It all looks very controlled (in a good way).

Thanks Matt. Yes, it is very much a studio shot. (Balancing that 15 ul droplet on the feather was tough enough in the still of my 'studio'. I can't imagine what it would be like out in the wild.)
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: francois on September 05, 2018, 02:45:01 am
Superb shapes and excellent concept. You can be proud of it!
Well done, Bob.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Bob_B on September 05, 2018, 08:34:52 am
Thank you, francois.