Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on August 31, 2018, 07:00:07 am

Title: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 31, 2018, 07:00:07 am
The light wasn't the best, which is probably why I didn't bother to process these for so long. But now I've done so, maybe they're not so bad
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 31, 2018, 08:32:33 am
I like them.

But isn't that what is called a bright, sunny day in the Lake District?  ;)
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 31, 2018, 09:46:42 am
In the first image, given that the title suggests the road is the main subject, I wish I could see more of it, at least extended into the right hand corner. It appears cut off otherwise.

On a different note, have you tried black and white?

Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on August 31, 2018, 09:49:50 am
 Really like the second one Bill, it draws me right in, well done!!
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 31, 2018, 10:12:05 am
Thanks all for the comments. And as someone asked nicely ... :-)
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 31, 2018, 12:17:58 pm
I think this diffused light is ideal for this kind of scape. I like the second one. There is much promise in this location.
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: langier on August 31, 2018, 12:47:31 pm
Both color and B&W are lovely. If the sky was blue, they'd be less evocative and expressive.

I agree with Slobodan regarding the road, though. Love to see is as part of the sense of place.
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 31, 2018, 01:29:20 pm
Thanks, all. Some wanted more road ... Is this better?
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 31, 2018, 01:32:30 pm
I think the road photo looks better in colour. Of the first two you posted, I much prefer the second, but there's quite a marked halo on the skyline to the right (in both colour and b&w versions).

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: langier on August 31, 2018, 01:53:49 pm
The road pix draws me in, entices me to go there and entices me to see for myself. Cool!
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 31, 2018, 05:14:23 pm
Are these stitched pano's or cropped pano's Bill?

Out of the four, I really like the fourth mono road shot, because as mentioned
The road pix draws me in, entices me to go there and entices me to see for myself. Cool!
and I totally agree  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 31, 2018, 05:34:26 pm
Dave

cropped panos. The sky was pretty uninteresting, so cropping made sense
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Two23 on August 31, 2018, 08:18:25 pm
The "road" in color is the best, I think.  It has more depth.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: KMRennie on September 01, 2018, 06:17:10 am
Bill I have been trying to persuade people that the sun always shines in Cumbria and you post shots like this >:( . Back on topic, I like the colour version of the road shot a lot and will look out for the tree on my next visit as it balances the Langdales perfectly. Ken
Title: Re: Lake District panoramas
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on September 01, 2018, 06:44:14 am
 Bill, love the road in "color"  (USA Spelling) :)