Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: 32BT on August 28, 2018, 10:26:35 am

Title: Annie does Stormy
Post by: 32BT on August 28, 2018, 10:26:35 am
Sorry for the title
https://pagesix.com/2018/07/31/annie-leibovitz-photographing-stormy-daniels-for-vogue/

Via:
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/art-industry-news-august-28-2018-1338749
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Rob C on August 28, 2018, 10:38:15 am
Oscar, are you proposing we seriously need consider which of the two we would rather have photography with, a seasoned pro or a younger one?

:-)
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 28, 2018, 10:43:20 am
Oscar, are you proposing we seriously need consider which of the two we would rather have photography with, a seasoned pro or a younger one?

Rob, by "seasoned pro" you surely meant Stormy, no? ;)

P.S. Annie shooting Canon G15!?
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: 32BT on August 28, 2018, 10:55:48 am
Oscar, are you proposing we seriously need consider which of the two we would rather have photography with, a seasoned pro or a younger one?

:-)

Pfff, Rob, i take it the sale of the appartement isn't imminent? Clearly, if we have to choose, we choose Beyoncé, by a very, very large margin, i might add.
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Rob C on August 28, 2018, 05:39:46 pm
Rob, by "seasoned pro" you surely meant Stormy, no? ;)

P.S. Annie shooting Canon G15!?

That's the thing with pros: you pays your money and you takes your choice...

:-)
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Rob C on August 28, 2018, 06:00:41 pm
Pfff, Rob, i take it the sale of the appartement isn't imminent? Clearly, if we have to choose, we choose Beyoncé, by a very, very large margin, i might add.

Two women, a mother and daughter, by the look of it, turned up today with an agent, made nice cooing noises - at me, not at each other - but didn't ask the normal questions about running costs, so probably kicking my tyres. Oh well, at least it got the apartment a good airing.

Beyoncé? Why? I prefer a different type altogether. Isabella Ferrari, for instance, in La Grande Bellezza.

The middle-aged, lived-a-life sophisticate rocks my boat nicely. I have no time for bundles of muscle and silicone. Almost exclusively, I think it's a European concept - the attraction of the "experienced" older woman. Young women are just, well, young women; nice to have around if they look pretty, but I haven't met many with anything much to tell me that I want to know. Of course, if I was their age I would have different expectations.
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 06, 2018, 07:49:27 am
The middle-aged, lived-a-life sophisticate rocks my boat nicely. I have no time for bundles of muscle and silicone. Almost exclusively, I think it's a European concept - the attraction of the "experienced" older woman. Young women are just, well, young women; nice to have around if they look pretty, but I haven't met many with anything much to tell me that I want to know. Of course, if I was their age I would have different expectations.
Jeanne Moreau was beautiful and intriguing up to the day of her passing.  I never understood what she saw in Billy Friedkin.
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Rob C on September 06, 2018, 09:44:48 am
Jeanne Moreau was beautiful and intriguing up to the day of her passing.  I never understood what she saw in Billy Friedkin.



Simple: movie director. When you were an actress, what was there not to love?

Not going there: I was almost tricked back into political polemic for a moment, but saw the trap just in time!

:-)
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 06, 2018, 01:32:34 pm



Simple: movie director. When you were an actress, what was there not to love?

Not going there: I was almost tricked back into political polemic for a moment, but saw the trap just in time!

:-)
They were only married for a couple of years and I don't think she ever appeared in one of his films.
Title: Re: Annie does Stormy
Post by: Rob C on September 07, 2018, 04:25:07 am
They were only married for a couple of years and I don't think she ever appeared in one of his films.

She was too impatient, then!