Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 27, 2018, 12:56:16 pm
-
According to the Digital Camera World Magazine:
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/features/top-25-films-about-photographers
Feel free to comment or add your own choice.
P.S. Apropos "about photographers"...
I was chatting with a lady at the bar. The usual small talk and stuff. At one point, I mentioned I am a photographer too. She asked what do I think people hear when I say that. I said: "Well, either they think I am bragging, or they think I am a creative type, balancing my dry, financial background, in other words, a Renaissance man." I was trying to be funny.
Her reaction: "Hmmm."
Intrigued, I asked: "Ok, what do YOU think when you hear someone is a photographer."
She responded with something that sounded like "perfect." It was a loud bar, and as much as I liked the compliment, I wanted to be sure, so asked her to repeat.
She said: "Pervert"
She continued: "You know, sneaking up on people and kids."
I was stunned.
-
She continued: "You know, sneaking up on people and kids."
I was stunned.
Well, that is dangerously close to the old fashioned definition of street photography.
🤭🤭🤭🤭🤫
-
Your wife like photography? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I)
-
According to the Digital Camera World Magazine:
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/features/top-25-films-about-photographers
Feel free to comment or add your own choice.
P.S. Apropos "about photographers"...
I was chatting with a lady at the bar. The usual small talk and stuff. At one point, I mentioned I am a photographer too. She asked what do I think people hear when I say that. I said: "Well, either they think I am bragging, or they think I am a creative type, balancing my dry, financial background, in other words, a Renaissance man." I was trying to be funny.
Her reaction: "Hmmm."
Intrigued, I asked: "Ok, what do YOU think when you hear someone is a photographer."
She responded with something that sounded like "perfect." It was a loud bar, and as much as I liked the compliment, I wanted to be sure, so asked her to repeat.
She said: "Pervert"
She continued: "You know, sneaking up on people and kids."
I was stunned.
Maybe she's into that and was making a pass at you. :)
-
One of the characters in the 1996 Mike Leigh film Secrets and Lies (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117589/) is a neighbourhood studio photographer. Photography is not the main theme of the film, but the scenes at his place of work are a treat to watch.
-
Hey, Slobodan,
I hope her comment won't persuade you to stop posting those lovely, erotic, pornographic buildings you encounter. Just to be safe, maybe you should verify that each building is over 21 before you shoot it. ;D
Eric
-
I hope her comment won't persuade you to stop posting those lovely, erotic, pornographic buildings you encounter. Just to be safe, maybe you should verify that each building is over 21 before you shoot it. ;D
But, but, Eric... those buildings under 21 are so sweet and innocent, not yet been penetrated by vandals and graffiti artists, like those abandoned, older buildings, often featured in the ruin porn genre ;)
-
But, but, Eric... those buildings under 21 are so sweet and innocent, not yet been penetrated by vandals and graffiti artists, like those abandoned, older buildings, often featured in the ruin porn genre ;)
She said: "Pervert" ;D
-
Hey Eric,
Really good advice.
Best regards
Erik
Hey, Slobodan,
I hope her comment won't persuade you to stop posting those lovely, erotic, pornographic buildings you encounter. Just to be safe, maybe you should verify that each building is over 21 before you shoot it. ;D
Eric
-
According to the Digital Camera World Magazine:
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/features/top-25-films-about-photographers
Feel free to comment or add your own choice.
P.S. Apropos "about photographers"...
I was chatting with a lady at the bar. The usual small talk and stuff. At one point, I mentioned I am a photographer too. She asked what do I think people hear when I say that. I said: "Well, either they think I am bragging, or they think I am a creative type, balancing my dry, financial background, in other words, a Renaissance man." I was trying to be funny.
Her reaction: "Hmmm."
Intrigued, I asked: "Ok, what do YOU think when you hear someone is a photographer."
She responded with something that sounded like "perfect." It was a loud bar, and as much as I liked the compliment, I wanted to be sure, so asked her to repeat.
She said: "Pervert"
She continued: "You know, sneaking up on people and kids."
I was stunned.
Yes, yes, you were stunned, but how did you reply?
Rob
-
She said: "Pervert" ;D
Maybe she has seen some naughty pictures from the Miami Zoo.
When I was there, I witnessed a rather porky Malayan Tapir couple engaged in a delicate act. Photographers with all kinds of cameras were trying to capture the indecent scene.
-
I'm now 71 with a busload of grandkids between 3 and 13. I follow them around with my FF Canon and the huge 70-200 lens. In the last year alone I've been attacked 5 times by people demanding to know what I'm doing. At a public beach, a park wading pool, a gymnastic class, etc.
I've developed a good response. I say, "I'm a grandfather photographing his grandkids. That's a normal and common behavior. To assume I'm a pervert based on my age and the size of my camera is not normal. It's a pervision. So, who is the pervert here?"
Note: In every case I look around and spot several young mothers photographing their kids with cell phones. They are never attacked.