Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: ripgriffith on August 24, 2018, 03:07:16 pm

Title: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: ripgriffith on August 24, 2018, 03:07:16 pm
Although some videos in the past were worth the $12, that's just no longer true for me. I was (am) a very big fan of Michael's works and interview skills, and I have downloaded most of his videos.  The same is true of Art Wolfe's Journeys to the Edge, but he's moved on to Amazon, so I dropped my subscription but remained connected to LuLa to read to odd article, but now I find that even those have a paywall, and they're just not worth it.  The forum is just a rehash of the same old stuff from the same old people anymore; I prefer to no longer waste my time. So fare thee well, LuLa and the LuLaites, fare thee well.
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 24, 2018, 03:19:52 pm
YAGE. Bye.
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 24, 2018, 03:23:14 pm
YAGE...

Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: PeterAit on August 24, 2018, 05:58:26 pm
Although some videos in the past were worth the $12, that's just no longer true for me. I was (am) a very big fan of Michael's works and interview skills, and I have downloaded most of his videos.  The same is true of Art Wolfe's Journeys to the Edge, but he's moved on to Amazon, so I dropped my subscription but remained connected to LuLa to read to odd article, but now I find that even those have a paywall, and they're just not worth it.  The forum is just a rehash of the same old stuff from the same old people anymore; I prefer to no longer waste my time. So fare thee well, LuLa and the LuLaites, fare thee well.

Why do you think it's necessary to announce your leaving? But still, you'll have 12 whole dollars extra each year to spend on camera gear.
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on August 24, 2018, 06:06:05 pm
Why do you think it's necessary to announce your leaving?

There's little point in stamping one's foot if there's no one to hear!
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: digitaldog on August 24, 2018, 06:20:50 pm
To the OP: You can cancel your $12 a year subscription, and still access the forums for free. IF you so desire.
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Don Libby on August 24, 2018, 08:09:28 pm
Oh well
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 25, 2018, 01:46:23 am
Thanks for letting us know.  If you were paying the membership fee of just 12.00 a year you'd find videos that can't be found anywhere else.   The Leica Story, The Shooting With Master series and a lot of other material.  Not to mention new articles every 3 days.  You can't get that anywhere else.  And, I'd ask what is accomplished by telling all of us that you are leaving? 
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: stamper on August 25, 2018, 03:25:07 am
I remember you left before?
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Rob C on August 25, 2018, 03:47:13 am
Wish you well, but if you are dissatisfied with the same old same old, then why so few posts of your own?

"The forum is just a rehash of the same old stuff from the same old people anymore..."

The only way to change the status quo is by introducing fresh material of your own. Passive counts for next to zero.

Rob
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: vjbelle on August 25, 2018, 07:49:48 am
YAGE. Bye.

+++123

Victor
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on August 25, 2018, 08:52:52 am


  Ha!! Leave it to Slobodan!! :)
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: JeanMichel on August 25, 2018, 12:26:53 pm
Adieu! R.I.P Griffith!

Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 25, 2018, 04:01:44 pm
Research has shown that those who make these grand departure announcements on forums seldom leave for good. For example, there’s a man-child on the Fred Miranda forums who ‘quits’ every few months.
Title: Re: Leaving LuLa, with minor regrets.
Post by: stamper on August 26, 2018, 03:45:38 am
Leaving threads and jumping back in is common here.