Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 21, 2018, 04:04:39 am

Title: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 21, 2018, 04:04:39 am
A burning sunset sky over the Racetrack, a 20-seconds exposure taken in amazing Death Valley (CA), USA, during a workshop I led there last winter. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SL2_1504.jpg)

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 21, 2018, 04:06:21 am
Gorgeous, Vieri.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 21, 2018, 11:40:03 am
Death Valley does have sunsets like that.  I published one on this site and was accused of using the sliders a way tad too much.  You don't need to as this is the way sunsets in DV look.
Nice image.
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 21, 2018, 02:54:17 pm
Death Valley does have sunsets like that.  I published one on this site and was accused of using the sliders a way tad too much.  You don't need to as this is the way sunsets in DV look.
Nice image.

You, Kevin? Accused of pushing sliders too far? Surely not  ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Telecaster on August 21, 2018, 02:55:22 pm
With all the schmutz in the air, California sunsets are currently spectacular. I get a nightly "This is horrible but it's beautiful!" pic from a friend.

-Dave-
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: maddogmurph on August 21, 2018, 05:15:30 pm
Incredible luck to get those types of clouds in that spot in DV. Nice work.
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 24, 2018, 05:50:03 am
Gorgeous, Vieri.

Jeremy

Thank you very much indeed Jeremy, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Death Valley does have sunsets like that.  I published one on this site and was accused of using the sliders a way tad too much.  You don't need to as this is the way sunsets in DV look.
Nice image.


It does indeed, Kevin. I always smile when people who have perhaps never been to a location tells others "Oh, that is surely fake, sunsets like that does not exist in XX (add location to taste)" :D

With all the schmutz in the air, California sunsets are currently spectacular. I get a nightly "This is horrible but it's beautiful!" pic from a friend.

-Dave-

Well, I did this last winter, but I am also seeing a lot of great colours in the sky "thanks" to all that is going on in CA lately :(

Incredible luck to get those types of clouds in that spot in DV. Nice work.

Thank you Murph, glad you enjoyed it :) Perhaps it depends on when you go, I seem to often find good skies in DV and good sunsets / sunrises...

Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on August 24, 2018, 07:21:22 am
 Very nice Vieri!! Hey Kev, I seem to remember that Michael had a term for your PP, it was called Raberizing :)
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 25, 2018, 03:30:57 am
Very nice Vieri!! Hey Kev, I seem to remember that Michael had a term for your PP, it was called Raberizing :)

Thank you very much Kevin, glad you enjoyed it! :) Best regards,

Vieri
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 27, 2018, 10:13:27 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 27, 2018, 02:06:43 pm
Very fine shot.
Title: Re: The Racetrack on fire
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on August 28, 2018, 05:29:17 am
Excellent.

Than you very much indeed Paulo! :)

Very fine shot.


Thank you very much Eric, much appreciated! :)

Best regards,

Vieri