Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 12, 2018, 12:53:18 am

Title: Out all night
Post by: MattBurt on August 12, 2018, 12:53:18 am
Good thing my wife trusts me. I slept in the back of my car last night trying to get meteor shots. I'm still looking through them but not as many meteors as I was hoping for. It was a beautiful night so I had some fun while I was out there and took this selfie. My apologies to the selfie haters.  8)

(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/850/42171102560_964bfa6a1f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/27fvVzb)

A meteor and light from town
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/930/30120636228_45ff0d486a_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/MTE8Lh)

Then I caught sunrise on my way home. This is all within 5 miles of home which is convenient.
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1794/42171100310_2c1bd64760_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/27fvUUo)
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 18, 2018, 02:16:26 pm
Looks like a very good night: nice work.

I like the prancing pony dark nebula in #1.
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: Farmer on August 18, 2018, 05:05:58 pm
That selfie is great!
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: francois on August 19, 2018, 04:00:57 am
Nice shots, I like the first one a lot - upon first look, I mistook you for a lighthouse ;-)
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: Telecaster on August 19, 2018, 04:54:32 pm
I like 'em all a lot, but #1 in particular.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: stamper on August 20, 2018, 03:45:41 am
The praise is well merited!
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 20, 2018, 09:36:50 am
Another vote for #1. Beautiful and superbly executed.
Title: Re: Out all night
Post by: MattBurt on August 20, 2018, 10:59:15 am
Thanks! I love these little overnights near home. Easy prep, out for the mission, and then back home in the morning.