Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: plugsnpixels on August 11, 2018, 03:03:39 am
-
Holy Fire as seen from Fullerton CA a couple days ago. Six floors up in an office building.
From ABC: "The smoke from the California wildfires has not only been impacting the West Coast. Incredibly enough, it has reached New York City -- 3,000 miles away."
-
"plugsnpixels"
Valuable accounts, all of them. #4 is perhaps the best commentary with the smoke dark sky and the sprawling asphalt lot with all it's cars.
Thank you for posting this.
Richard
-
Thanks Richard!
Here is another that wouldn't fit among the original attachments.
-
Just arrived at our lake cabin in western Wisconsin to find a haze everywhere, so much I can even smell the smoke. But it should make for a nice sunset tonight.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
In return maybe you could send us some water-?
-
In return maybe you could send us some water-?
I wish I could send enough to make a difference. It is a real tragedy.
-
Unfortunately it's like this pretty often.
-
Not even a year ago (October 2017) I took similar photos of a large fire in the same mountains.
-
In return maybe you could send us some water-?
I remember our first visit to Palm Springs in 2005. We were there five days and it rained all five. We remarked to a local how green the desert was, and he replied there would be wildfires that summer and fall.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I know, you just can't win out here!
-
scary! but it is becoming the new normal in California.
-
View from my house in Irvine its about a two hour drive 55 miles up to Santiago peak on top of saddleback mountain. The flames were rolling with the winds wish I had longer glass at home to photograph this blaze correctly.