Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: rollsman44 on August 06, 2018, 07:29:59 am

Title: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: rollsman44 on August 06, 2018, 07:29:59 am
  I have wanted to take the Portraits I do and make a Painting from it with NO experience at all. I know some programs I checked out is too time consuming and seems like you have to be an artist to do it. A painting that  has a Natural look to it and NOT overly done.  Thank you
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Garnick on August 06, 2018, 12:22:44 pm
  I have wanted to take the Portraits I do and make a Painting from it with NO experience at all. I know some programs I checked out is too time consuming and seems like you have to be an artist to do it. A painting that  has a Natural look to it and NOT overly done.  Thank you

In my opinion Corel Painter is the program for converting images to REALISTIC paintings.  It is also a very deep and time consuming program, and definitely NOT easy.  However, Corel also offers "Painter Essentials" at a very affordable price and a rather easy learning curve it would seem.  Lots of tutorials as well.  It is not as realistic as Painter, but you might find it to be enough for your needs.  It is at least a starter.  I do not use it but I did recall seeing it on the Corel site here -  https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter-essentials/?hptrack=en2hl1&_ga=2.38940067.1423736485.1518628151-1898974593.1518628151#intro.  It might at least be worth looking into for you.

Hope this helps,

Gary   
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Peano on August 06, 2018, 12:54:34 pm
You might try FotoSketcher (https://fotosketcher.com/).
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: nirpat89 on August 06, 2018, 01:47:00 pm
Couldn't tell if you are using Photoshop.  If you are, there is a way to make a painterly photograph.  Go to Filter> Oil Paint. 
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Wolfman on August 06, 2018, 02:39:47 pm
Try some of Topaz's products:

https://topazlabs.com/impression/  (watch the short video demo)
https://topazlabs.com/abstraction/
https://topazlabs.com/ai-remix/
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 06, 2018, 02:59:10 pm
+1 on the Topaz plugins.  Especially "Impression".
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Garnick on August 06, 2018, 04:31:28 pm
+1 on the Topaz plugins.  Especially "Impression".

+ + for Topaz Impression.  I had planned to offer that in my first post, but wasn't sure the OP would want to buy "Topaz Studio", and Impression is not available as a stand alone app now.  I have "Studio" so I do have "Impression" but haven't experimented much.  It does have a lot of potential though, especially when combined with other apps, plugins, filters etc.(mixed media). 

As far as the Photoshop "Oil Paint" filter offering is concerned, one would have to do a significant amount of additional work to make the image seem "natural".  On its own it is anything but natural IMO.

Gary   
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 06, 2018, 05:08:39 pm
I think Topaz Studio is free.  It has limited function, but does work as an integrator for the rest of the Topaz plugins.
Title: Re: Any EASY Way To Convert File to Painting Effect with Little to NO Experience
Post by: Garnick on August 06, 2018, 07:37:04 pm
I think Topaz Studio is free.  It has limited function, but does work as an integrator for the rest of the Topaz plugins.

Yes, Topaz Studio is free, but Impression in Studio is $99.99 USD.  You can verify that here - https://topazlabs.com/impression/.  Indeed Studio is as you described it, an "Integrator".  Once you download Studio it will integrate all of the plugins you have "purchased", and if you want more plugins you need to purchase them as well.  Because you have downloaded Studio doesn't mean you will get all of the plugins on the site as well, unless you actually purchase them.  I think that's obvious. 

Gary