Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: guido on July 21, 2018, 09:31:59 pm

Title: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: guido on July 21, 2018, 09:31:59 pm
.
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 23, 2018, 07:08:02 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 23, 2018, 09:00:42 am
Nice catch!
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: Alskoj on July 25, 2018, 11:10:36 pm
Is it infrared?
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 26, 2018, 07:17:57 am
I love infrared and still have four boxes of 35mm in the freezer. What I always found challenging about infrared was mixing organic and inorganic materials where the inorganic was the focal point of the shot.

In this image, the rock gets terribly lost in the overall scene but as I have discovered, doing some simple mid-tone correction on the overall scene as well as a bit of a levels adjustment on the rock, keeps the goodness of the infrared but brings the eye to the main subject without overwhelming the eye.
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: guido on July 26, 2018, 09:19:25 am
I love infrared and still have four boxes of 35mm in the freezer. What I always found challenging about infrared was mixing organic and inorganic materials where the inorganic was the focal point of the shot.

In this image, the rock gets terribly lost in the overall scene but as I have discovered, doing some simple mid-tone correction on the overall scene as well as a bit of a levels adjustment on the rock, keeps the goodness of the infrared but brings the eye to the main subject without overwhelming the eye.

This shot has been going through a continued series of revisions since being posted. For me the image is less about the rock as subject than the symmetry with the reflections, the rock and it's reflection being just a part of that whole. I'm glad you found it stimulating enough to merit further reflection.
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: guido on July 26, 2018, 09:20:48 am
Is it infrared?

Yes it was shot with a Kolari full spectrum converted Canon 5D3 and an 850nm filter.
Title: Re: Pond at Rock House Reservation
Post by: Rayyan on July 27, 2018, 03:25:45 am

Love the juxtaposition of the rock and its reflection.
Good stuff guido.