Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: PeterAit on July 18, 2018, 04:19:50 pm

Title: What's the poop?
Post by: PeterAit on July 18, 2018, 04:19:50 pm
I have heard scuttlebutt that there will be a new version of LR that only lets you store your photos in the cloud. Local disk storage is not an option. Anything to it?
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: jrsforums on July 18, 2018, 04:26:27 pm
Isn’t that called LR CC? (vs LR Classic)
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Mark D Segal on July 18, 2018, 04:37:46 pm
I can't imagine them being dumb enough to do that to Lr Classic, but these days, ........let's see..... (I have heard no such rumours.)
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Schewe on July 18, 2018, 09:33:55 pm
I have heard scuttlebutt that there will be a new version of LR that only lets you store your photos in the cloud. Local disk storage is not an option. Anything to it?

Horseshyte...
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: E. Dinur on July 19, 2018, 12:53:28 am
I have heard scuttlebutt that there will be a new version of LR that only lets you store your photos in the cloud. Local disk storage is not an option. Anything to it?
How would that work? Back up photos on an off-line storage device are destroyed by a force field? Or merely watermarked "Property of Adobe"?
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Mark D Segal on July 19, 2018, 07:54:48 am
Horseshyte...

Good.
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: PeterAit on July 19, 2018, 08:42:49 am
I figured it was cockamamie bull. Even Adobe isn't crazy enough to think anyone would put up downloading a 500 MB multi-layer panorama over a cable modem!
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 19, 2018, 10:09:46 am
When a thread starts with poop and ends with horseshyte...
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 19, 2018, 01:15:43 pm
When a thread starts with poop and ends with horseshyte...
... I'm glad my monitor doesn't have smellavision.
Title: Re: What's the poop?
Post by: Philmar on July 23, 2018, 11:10:41 am
When a thread starts with poop and ends with horseshyte...

...with a large dollop of scuttlebutt.