Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on July 18, 2018, 08:20:58 am

Title: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: Hans Kruse on July 18, 2018, 08:20:58 am
Shot in Abruzzo in May 2018 in the morning right after sunrise.


(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/921/43427199682_53e2bb9be0_z.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/29avKu7)Rolling hills at dawn (https://flic.kr/p/29avKu7) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: KMRennie on July 18, 2018, 08:38:43 am
Gentle and beautiful image.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 18, 2018, 08:44:21 am
I agree though part of me wishes that bit of rocky formation in the foreground wasn't there as it tends to disrupt the tonal harmony.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: RSL on July 18, 2018, 10:39:30 am
A very fine shot, Hans, rocks or no rocks.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 18, 2018, 11:49:38 am
Lovely.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: Hans Kruse on July 18, 2018, 02:27:02 pm
Thanks everyone for the comments :) Regarding the rocks I was considering for a while if I should have removed them, but I felt I was loosing something I liked in that area of the image. I think it balances the composition by having the rocks there. They are not too obvious so that your eyes are dragged there all the time, I think, so it gives a layering that I liked. They had to be there to include the trees.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: francois on July 19, 2018, 05:23:28 am
Very nice and not bothered by the rock formation at all. The depth is fantastic and the light gorgeous.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Rolling hills at dawn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 19, 2018, 08:40:00 am
Very lovely indeed.