Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on July 15, 2018, 08:35:08 am

Title: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 15, 2018, 08:35:08 am
Cold winter morning we headed off to the coal belt. Found an interesting road side memorial to add to my collection and then came across this
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: David Eckels on July 15, 2018, 08:38:48 am
Great find!
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: nirpat89 on July 15, 2018, 09:08:08 am
Very beautiful!  Abstract Realism, or Realistic Abstract?
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 15, 2018, 09:15:44 am
Thank you. It’s actually a tailings dam. I think the yellow is some sulpherous salt. Very unpleasant place.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: RSL on July 15, 2018, 09:57:09 am
A very striking shot, Martin.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 15, 2018, 10:04:41 am
Thanks Russ. I was well leased with myself when I “saw” the shot this morning.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 15, 2018, 10:08:47 am
Very impressive.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 15, 2018, 10:39:58 am
Thank you Slobodan.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: francois on July 15, 2018, 10:53:43 am
Puzzling at first but very nice.
Well done!
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 15, 2018, 12:46:41 pm
Great find!

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 15, 2018, 12:52:24 pm
Very well seen and captured.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 16, 2018, 05:51:21 am
This is great.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 16, 2018, 02:33:59 pm
I can only add that I agree with all of the above  :)

Excellent..!

Dave
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 20, 2018, 04:03:57 am
Thanks everyone. I am adding another from this series. I will go back to this location in a week or two.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Rayyan on July 20, 2018, 04:44:02 am
Martin, an excellent find and equally well captured.
Just exercise caution approaching such deceptively wondrous places!
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 20, 2018, 04:46:10 am
Thank you. Yes. Dangerous places. I have spent a lot of time in places like this, and even more dangerous. I don’t go alone and I am very careful. Thank you.
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Tony Jay on July 20, 2018, 07:55:23 am
Deserved acclaim that image Martin!

Where exactly was this shot?
Northern Natal?
Eastern Highveld?

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Black and yellow
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 20, 2018, 08:52:14 am
Eastern Highveld. Mpumalanga as it’s now known. The coal producing region. Witbank.