Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rayyan on July 11, 2018, 01:30:25 am

Title: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 11, 2018, 01:30:25 am
(http://fursan.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2964843330-5.jpg)

Petra, Jordan.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 11, 2018, 05:55:29 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: 32BT on July 11, 2018, 06:20:17 am
Yes, love it. Great image on several levels. A reveal of structure carved from rock, a reveal of a temple, the comfort of home, a reveal of the warmth of heaven... Good, befitting toning as well.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: KMRennie on July 11, 2018, 06:38:01 am
Rayyan a little more work needed getting rid of the halos all around the Siq sandstone walls. Ken
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 11, 2018, 11:13:19 am
Thanks folks for your comments and the constructive critique.
I shall rework this.

Much appreciated.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: RSL on July 11, 2018, 11:15:57 am
It's a fascinating view of the temple, Rayyan.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 11, 2018, 11:23:19 am
Thanks Russ.
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 12, 2018, 01:22:23 pm

A look over parts of the Nabataean Valley.....

(http://fursan.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2967193125-6.jpg)
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Telecaster on July 12, 2018, 04:54:02 pm
Gorgeous and rugged area. My then girlfriend & I worked on an archæological site in the region in early 1985. By which I mean she worked and I carried stuff around and took photos.  :)  (She has all the photos, many of which I took for use in her work.)

-Dave-
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 13, 2018, 04:53:20 am

It must have been interesting and exhausting work.
Hope you folks were there in winter!

The photographs you made would make a nice book.

Thanks Dave. And stay well.

Gorgeous and rugged area. My then girlfriend & I worked on an archæological site in the region in early 1985. By which I mean she worked and I carried stuff around and took photos.  :)  (She has all the photos, many of which I took for use in her work.)

-Dave-
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: brandtb on July 13, 2018, 08:16:31 am
Very nice
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Telecaster on July 13, 2018, 05:27:14 pm
It must have been interesting and exhausting work.
Hope you folks were there in winter!

Yep, we learned our lesson in Egypt the previous late spring. Roasting hot!

Quote
Thanks Dave. And stay well.

And you.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Land they scaped
Post by: Rayyan on July 14, 2018, 02:53:23 pm
Short flight from my place.
And only in winter do I venture in them parts!

Best.

p.s. the desert temps drop fast in winter nights, and freezing winds and cold is not unusual.