Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 30, 2018, 03:08:47 pm

Title: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: RSL on June 30, 2018, 03:08:47 pm
.
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 30, 2018, 04:09:45 pm
Nice one, with some more "BobDavid" type symmetry. Maybe that's a Florida thing?

Just to quibble a little. I'l say that I wish you had a touch more of the frame on the right, to match the left.
(But I won't suggest cr*pping the left to make it match.)
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: RSL on June 30, 2018, 04:17:33 pm
I saw it too, Eric, but I hoped nobody would notice. Fat chance. It's fixed.
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 30, 2018, 06:19:23 pm
I saw it too, Eric, but I hoped nobody would notice. Fat chance. It's fixed.
Oh no! It's been neutered!! I think you actually ....... (blush) cr*pped it!

Wait 'til I tell Russ!  ;)
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: Chris Kern on June 30, 2018, 09:14:28 pm
Hmmm . . . potential new thread?  Self-captioning images?
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 01, 2018, 03:54:31 am
Hmmm . . . potential new thread?  Self-captioning images?

Well, why not. At the risk of being accused of hijack, here's one from a while ago, taken in B&Q (a very large chain of DIY and garden stores). The spelling amused me.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 08:30:35 am
Well, why not. At the risk of being accused of hijack, here's one from a while ago, taken in B&Q (a very large chain of DIY and garden stores). The spelling amused me.

Jeremy
Oh. You mean "seeds." I think that's a term from Poker: "I seeds you and I raises you ten."   ;)
Title: Re: Community Room
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2018, 09:22:09 am
Well, why not. At the risk of being accused of hijack, here's one from a while ago, taken in B&Q (a very large chain of DIY and garden stores). The spelling amused me.

Jeremy

Why not, indeed? I think it's a great idea. I just changed the title of the thread. Thanks, Chris.
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2018, 10:00:14 am
This isn’t mine, but fits the thread perfectly:
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 10:15:12 am
Good one, Slobodan.
Here is a fireplace of mine:
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 10:16:23 am
And the heart of the matter...
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2018, 11:20:27 am
Enough said:

Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2018, 11:23:00 am
Happiness is...
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2018, 11:25:06 am
Or how about “pick your own caption”?
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on July 01, 2018, 12:54:29 pm
When I took this the dads wife was about to have their second child. I thought the sign weirdly appropriate
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 01:29:12 pm
This thread is really coming alive now.
Thanks for changing the title, Russ.
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2018, 02:18:50 pm
You're welcome, Eric. Yeah, it was really dead at the start.
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: LesPalenik on July 01, 2018, 02:35:49 pm
A new addition

Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: James Clark on July 01, 2018, 03:37:01 pm
Fun thread, Russ!

This was the first image I ever had published anywhere.  Several years ago my wife had brain surgery, and we had to relocate to NYC for about 6 weeks for the pre- and post-op period. This was part of the surgical hospital and seemed prescient at the time - still does, I suppose.

Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on July 01, 2018, 05:11:31 pm
An oldie  ...

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 06:17:09 pm
I love it, Bart!

Here is another:
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 06:18:06 pm
And...
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Richowens on July 01, 2018, 10:48:32 pm

  I'll play...…

  (https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7w8bFQ2/0/8925e7a3/O/i-7w8bFQ2.jpg)
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on July 02, 2018, 09:02:28 am
  I'll play...…

Good one, Rich.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: JNB_Rare on July 02, 2018, 01:51:15 pm
Lots of fun... The first of mine is the only sign of its kind in town, and it's at the local cinema.
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 02, 2018, 02:05:47 pm
Self-contradictory captions:
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 02, 2018, 02:16:21 pm
Self-contradictory captions:
Clearly the most religious,  bar none.    8)
Title: Re: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: D Fuller on July 03, 2018, 12:28:27 am
This might not actually be a self-captioning image. We can only guess that the elevator is there.

(http://airstream.pictures/pics/LuLa/elevator.jpg)
Title: Self-Captioning Images
Post by: Ivophoto on July 03, 2018, 03:57:28 am
Self-confusing

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180703/3183d24b155d48d8e1e60900274468cd.png)