Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on June 30, 2018, 04:18:38 am

Title: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on June 30, 2018, 04:18:38 am
Wasn't on a dedicated photographic trip but took the camera along to a place I have visited many times. About an hour walk mostly uphill. Once in the gorge under the dense indigenous forest I was obviously going to take a few photos. Immediately wished I had brought I tripod along as it was quite gloomy. I did have a monopod and that with 400 ISO and IBIS got me through at 1/10s f8 A7RII Sony 16 to 35 f4 lens. Shot here many times and never been very happy with the results. I think this is the first time I have managed to convey how I feel about the place.
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Rayyan on June 30, 2018, 04:34:20 am
Can sense the light that must have been there.

A very worthwhile trek, Martin.
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Tony Jay on June 30, 2018, 07:23:43 am
Persistence is definitely the key in the outdoor game...

Nice result BTW - I like it a lot!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 30, 2018, 09:44:46 am
You caught the light and the scene just right. Well done!
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: RSL on June 30, 2018, 09:49:59 am
+1
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: farbschlurf on June 30, 2018, 03:40:36 pm
You caught the light and the scene just right. Well done!
+1
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Telecaster on June 30, 2018, 04:21:04 pm
Yep. Besides the composition I like the subdued color and tonal palettes.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Drakensberg Rainbow Gorge.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 02, 2018, 05:56:08 am
Sombre and subdued, well done.