Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: LesPalenik on June 30, 2018, 12:30:36 am

Title: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: LesPalenik on June 30, 2018, 12:30:36 am
I'm not sure what's better - photographing the fishing boat from the shore or sitting in it in calm waters of Lake Superior. Captured last week on the North Shore, around 10pm.
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: farbschlurf on June 30, 2018, 03:49:24 pm
Is the bird on the right real? Looks almost too good to be true. Great moment!
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: LesPalenik on July 01, 2018, 06:24:15 am
Stefan, good observation! The bird is a golden eagle, shot in the very same location, but in another frame.
I subscribe to Alain Briot's school of "Letting Go", so I let the eagle fly into the sunset frame.
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 08:24:09 am
Good for you. The eagle works beautifully there.
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: LesPalenik on July 01, 2018, 01:16:36 pm
Thank you very much, Eric, for your kind comment.

here is my model in its full glory:
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2018, 01:26:12 pm
I think that's an immature Golden, from the light areas underneath that go away on the adult.
Nice shot.
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 02, 2018, 05:55:21 am
I actually think the eagle distracts from the boat.
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: Alan Klein on July 02, 2018, 09:29:15 am
Nice shot Les. 
Title: Re: Sunset Fishing at Lake Superior
Post by: LesPalenik on July 03, 2018, 01:29:36 am
Thank you, Alan and Paulo,

In my next edit, I'll make the eagle smaller.