Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: langier on June 29, 2018, 09:45:52 pm

Title: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: langier on June 29, 2018, 09:45:52 pm
After drooling for a few years at Hans' Tuscany landscape postings, I had to see the place in person last year on a stop-over in Italy last summer on my way to Serbia. The landscape was so nice, I returned again this May when I took a couple of friends along. They missed out when then decided to relax at the villa. Of course, to simply copy Hans would be foolish (other than his good vision and craft:-), so I found some of my own versions and hope that it makes the grade.

Of course, I'll know if any of my work "meets the mark of adequacy" (what my editor tells me...) if I see a posting from Слободан, good, bad or otherwise...  :o
Title: Re: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 29, 2018, 11:41:10 pm
A very nice set, Larry. The certainly meet the mark in my opinion.
But then I am addicted to good Tuscan images anyway, after my one trip there in spring of 2006.

My favorites of these are the first two.
Title: Re: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2018, 04:51:38 am
I don't like the fourth; the second and third aren't bad; but the first is pretty much Kruse-standard, I'd say.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: guido on June 30, 2018, 06:21:33 am
I like 2 and 3. Tuscany is on my list.
Title: Re: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: francois on July 02, 2018, 08:51:52 am
Very Tuscan-esque, obviously. I like the first one very much (maybe with a wider crop), #2 and #3 are also nice and I'm undecided on #4 (mostly due to the OOF poppies).
Title: Re: Siena/Tuscany as inspired by Hans Kruse
Post by: jeremyrh on July 03, 2018, 07:06:06 am
Yeah - 1 and 2 are Kruse-worthy; 3 and 4 a bit Raber-esque :-)