Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: John Camp on October 11, 2006, 03:45:24 pm

Title: Essay suggestion
Post by: John Camp on October 11, 2006, 03:45:24 pm
I have both Lightrooms tutorials, and they're fine.

But I'd also be interested in seeing something in writing, that starts with the moment Michael (or one of his partners) makes the shot. Each processing step (with a minimum of explanation) ending with the final show-ready print. In other words, a recipe, or a flow-chart, or an outlline, perhaps with a few simple alternatives along the way, that doesn't get bogged down in long explanations of why you should expose for the highlights, etc., or how to calibrate your monitor. Just, "First I do this, for this reason. Then I do this, for this reason."

JC
Title: Essay suggestion
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 11, 2006, 08:05:13 pm
Sounds like a great idea.

Eric
Title: Essay suggestion
Post by: howiesmith on October 12, 2006, 06:27:44 pm
Why not back up to the planning stage - why and how are you going to take this image?  Once the shutter is tripped, it's too late for a lot of the good stuff.