Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on June 28, 2018, 04:05:06 pm

Title: north or south
Post by: BobDavid on June 28, 2018, 04:05:06 pm
left or right?
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: RSL on June 28, 2018, 04:23:47 pm
A good grab, Bob, and beautifully processed.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: BobDavid on June 28, 2018, 05:01:29 pm
Thanks, Russ. For whatever reason, I'm gravitating towards the 1:1 aspect ratio. Wouldn't it be nice if somebody came out with a square sensor?
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 28, 2018, 05:14:11 pm
Terrific shot. I wouldn't change a thing.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 29, 2018, 04:12:26 am
left or right?

It's well seen and processed. I can't help feeling, though, that if you'd taken a step to the left, so the sign didn't overlap the tree on the left, it would have been even better.

Jeremy
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: farbschlurf on June 29, 2018, 10:27:02 am
left and right became north and south?

Cool shot.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: BobDavid on June 29, 2018, 02:09:36 pm
It's well seen and processed. I can't help feeling, though, that if you'd taken a step to the left, so the sign didn't overlap the tree on the left, it would have been even better.

Jeremy

...but that tree is biased. It suggested I go to the left, north, east, or wherever.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: petermfiore on June 29, 2018, 03:28:24 pm
...but that tree is biased. It suggested I go to the left, north, east, or wherever.

HA!

Peter
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: RSL on June 29, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
...but that tree is biased. It suggested I go to the left, north, east, or wherever.

Life is hard with biased trees. It's probably a subject for The Coffee Corner.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: BobDavid on June 29, 2018, 06:04:36 pm
I'm reluctant to open up that can of worms.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Farmer on June 29, 2018, 06:45:07 pm
This is great.  In thumbnail, it compresses the road in a way that makes it look motion blurred, which was also interesting.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2018, 04:54:42 am
This is great.  In thumbnail, it compresses the road in a way that makes it look motion blurred, which was also interesting.

It does, doesn't it? I'd not noticed that before. Curious.

Jeremy
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 01, 2018, 08:46:05 am
Since there is only minimal south for me, I wonder why not east or west or left or right...is this the thinking of a narrow mind???

So, curious is you shot for the white of the sign or processed it that way?
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: BobDavid on July 01, 2018, 09:58:21 am
Since there is only minimal south for me, I wonder why not east or west or left or right...is this the thinking of a narrow mind???

So, curious is you shot for the white of the sign or processed it that way?

The yellow sign appeared to glow--that's what caught my eye.  The photo was taken after sunset, around dusk.

I was lost, so I pulled off the road to find directions on my phone.
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 01, 2018, 11:56:39 am
I'm rather old fashion in that I still keep a road atlas in my car...I once tried to use a "Ways" app and it totally screwed me up but then I am also old fashion in thinking phones are for calling and receiving calls. Actually, I am just old  :o
Title: Re: north or south
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2018, 02:19:55 pm
Well, you won't tell everybody your age, Chris, but I had lunch with you once and I know you're just a kid.