Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 28, 2018, 03:33:43 pm

Title: breaker
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 28, 2018, 03:33:43 pm
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Telecaster on June 28, 2018, 03:40:43 pm
I like this a lot, spatially and tonally.

-Dave-
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 28, 2018, 05:18:48 pm
Excellent catch, Jeremy.
The action of the breaker against the stillness of the ice berg forms really works.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 28, 2018, 06:53:28 pm
The framing is a little bit too tight at the bottom, but I like the shapes and overall tonality.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Farmer on June 29, 2018, 06:50:18 pm
I think this is one of your best bergs - maybe even the best for mine.  Tone, complimentary structures in composition, just the right shutter speed for the wave action.  Really nice.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2018, 04:53:36 am
Thanks, all. Slobodan, you may be right: I've removed quite a bit from the bottom, so it's easy for me to experiment with a looser crop.

Jeremy
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 01, 2018, 08:49:56 am
So, how big do you reckon the breaker is? Hard to get a realistic scale on an iceberg or from an ice shelf as I once witnessed a glacier calve and the guide said it was close to the size of the Empire State Building...looked to me to be about a 100 feet or so. Looks can be so deceiving.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2018, 09:23:25 am
A very interesting and nicely-shaped ice cube.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: BobDavid on July 01, 2018, 09:56:40 am
A very interesting and nicely-shaped ice cube.

Yes it is.
Title: Re: breaker
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 01, 2018, 02:03:21 pm
So, how big do you reckon the breaker is? Hard to get a realistic scale on an iceberg or from an ice shelf as I once witnessed a glacier calve and the guide said it was close to the size of the Empire State Building...looked to me to be about a 100 feet or so. Looks can be so deceiving.

From memory, I'd say the main berg to the right was probably about 50 or 60 feet high, but I'm very bad at estimating such things. Kevin might have a better idea.

A very interesting and nicely-shaped ice cube.

Imagine the G&T that would match it.

Jeremy