Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattBurt on June 28, 2018, 12:31:06 pm
-
I went out to our local trails and met up with a friend and neighbor, Jefe Branham last night who is a very successful mountain bike endurance racer.
We were out for the moonrise but it was looking like we might not get to see it so we also made use of the fantastic sunset and clouds. Then the moon appeared for a few minutes too!
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1806/29184417588_ede9136abb_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/LsVLzA)IMGP3941-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/LsVLzA) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1825/28187827067_6d6ef3a279_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/JWRYWp)IMGP4052-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/JWRYWp) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/846/43006553642_87d3368967_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/28wkQ5b)IMGP4141-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/28wkQ5b) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
The last one works nicely for me. Hoping to actually see the Moon tonight after many evenings of cloud and rain.
-Dave-
-
I like the first one most.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
-
These photos are so great.
It is a good bike for ride in mountains, how much it costs? I need an insurance for it?
-
These photos are so great.
It is a good bike for ride in mountains, how much it costs? I need an insurance for it?
It really depends on what is your budget, as there are bikes of 1000$ and there are bikes that cost 6000$ and more. And yes, you need insurance if you want to ride through mountains, as you can have many accidents. However, in order to find out more about insurance, you can read this article https://simplebikeinsurance.com/ebike-insurance/ (https://simplebikeinsurance.com/ebike-insurance/) which explains everything in detail, and if you want you can buy the insurance from them as I did. They offer a lot of policies which fit all your needs.
-
These photos are so great.
It is a good bike for ride in mountains, how much it costs? I need an insurance for it?
Depending on what is your budget, it can cost 1000$ or 6000$ and so on. You need insurance if you want to ride through mountains.
You can probably get something reasonable for $1000 USD or so if you go for a hardtail (no rear suspension) and/or buy used. There are cheaper bikes and some of them are full suspension but they are generally terrible and difficult or impossible to fix if you have trouble (Walmart bikes are a good example).
I've been riding for 30 years and my current bike was worth about $6k new but I have been gradually working up to a bike of this caliber. Someone just starting out doesn't need to spend that kind of money.
I don't have bike insurance and have honestly never heard of anyone else having it either. If you live in the USA I strongly recommend health insurance.
-
I would echo a lot of what Matt wrote above.
If you're starting mountain biking don't go out and spend many thousands on a top line carbon full frame bike. My 1st bike had no suspension and I didn't add a front to it until I started getting pain in my arms due to the speed I was going down bumpy trails. After that mind you it's a downhill battle (pun intended) to keep your wallet closed and mine is pretty worn.
I've had 2 bikes stolen, both covered under my homeowners policy. I don't know anyone with separate insurance but none of us have e-bikes, and if I did I'd be looking at an e-mountain bike and still not get insurance.