Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: nemophoto on October 11, 2006, 01:38:16 pm

Title: Canon WFT-E1A
Post by: nemophoto on October 11, 2006, 01:38:16 pm
Can anyone point me to a clear, easily understandable explanation about what it takes to get this blankety-blank wireless transmitter working?

I was shooting a huge studio catalog -- 400+ images -- and ended up tethering and using Chris Breeze's excellent DSLR Remote program. About half-way through, I wanted to free myself from the firewire cable and bought the wireless unit. Dumb move! I could never get it working properly, Canon's "manual" stinks, and I'm $1000 poorer for the effort.

Anyone use this thing SUCCESSFULLY? Thanks.

Nemo
Title: Canon WFT-E1A
Post by: zzzone on October 13, 2006, 03:28:34 am
Hi

I can't help I am afraid.  Just logged on to ask a question about the wireless transmitter for the 1DsMk11 and or 5D and I came across your problems!!!

Interested if anyone has good experience with this?  

Shooting raw and using a G5 dual 2GHz in a studio.  Apple airport express etc.

Many thanks

Regards Steve