Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on June 21, 2018, 04:43:25 am

Title: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on June 21, 2018, 04:43:25 am
Landscape was my thing for years. I shot using a 80MP leaf CCD based back mounted on a monorail Cambo. I got tired of it and years later started shooting landscape again but not so seriously. This time using a Sony A6300 APSC. I was shocked at how the newer cmos sensor handled scenes with a very high dynamic range.
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 21, 2018, 05:58:34 am
Beautiful.

P.S. You should rent and try Sony A7 R series cameras, for landscapes. Coupled with some high quality lenses, they are arguable amongst the best.
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Tony Jay on June 21, 2018, 06:13:02 am
Beautiful.

P.S. You should rent and try Sony A7 R series cameras, for landscapes. Coupled with some high quality lenses, they are arguable amongst the best.
Completely agree - give the new A7R III a trial run - I reckon it will blow your socks off...
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Tony Jay on June 21, 2018, 06:14:14 am
BTW I also agree with Paulo's assessment of that image!
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on June 21, 2018, 07:30:10 am
Thanks guys.

On the advice to look at an A7R I was offered a 2nd  hand A7RII in mint condition at a really good price and ended up buying it. I really like it. I was then offered the MKIII but decided to not do that upgrade. I don’t think the quality is better even though the body is clearly better. I need to make money from my gear and I didn’t see how I would make a better living with that upgrade. I also like that that the APSC and the A7 share batteries. I also share lenses between the systems, that works really well. Also bought a Minolta adapter and have 24mm 50mm 135mm and a 500mm mirror lenses all Minolta. That’s just for fun. I upgraded the 6300 to a 6500 for the IBIS.

I. Very fond of the system. The menus are a constant source of entertainment. You need a photographic memory to cope with that I think but I’m on top of it now.
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: guido on June 21, 2018, 08:10:00 am
Beautiful image Martin! Well seen and processed!
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: JNB_Rare on June 21, 2018, 08:29:31 am
Beautiful image Martin! Well seen and processed!

+1
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: JayWPage on June 21, 2018, 11:00:37 am
Nice image Martin,

Is this a crop from a single image or have you merged several images?
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on June 21, 2018, 11:19:38 am
Nice image Martin,

Is this a crop from a single image or have you merged several images?

I did shoot a handheld pano of two images but ended up not using it. I used a single image I also shot and cropped for this. If I am shooting for higher resolution rather than to get around the lack of a wide enough lens I will often shoot a single frame covering the same area.
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: guido on June 21, 2018, 11:34:41 am
The menus are a constant source of entertainment. You need a photographic memory to cope with that I think but I’m on top of it now.

Nice to hear that someone else finds the menus on some of the more recently introduced cameras lacking clarity... ::)
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Luis M. Anibarro on June 21, 2018, 11:35:14 am
amazing shot!!!
Title: Re: Pekutso Eastern Tibet
Post by: Rayyan on June 23, 2018, 03:37:23 pm

Another excellent image, Martin.