Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on June 21, 2018, 02:30:35 am

Title: Midsummer
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 21, 2018, 02:30:35 am
Midsummer. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2018/06/21/midsummer/)

Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 21, 2018, 02:42:49 am
Simple, effective, and so nice.

Thierry
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 21, 2018, 05:59:27 am
Two very different subjects, under wonderful light.
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 21, 2018, 05:57:34 pm
Simple, effective, and so nice.

Thierry
I agree completely. Beautiful.
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 21, 2018, 07:14:20 pm
Two very different subjects, under wonderful light.

Absolutely agree, but I also wonder if you cropped the horse shot into a vertical/portrait aspect ratio, with the space around the sides of it similar to the space at the top and bottom, if this might suit the subject a little better aesthetically and lift the shot up to an even higher level?

I think it would  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: guido on June 21, 2018, 07:34:08 pm
I like the first one. Very lovely light!
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 21, 2018, 08:39:47 pm
Love the simplicity, elegance, and graphic nature of the first one.
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 22, 2018, 12:37:57 am
Thierry, Paulo, Eric, Dave, guido and Slobodan - thank you.

Dave - Thank you for the suggested crop. I like it, and will use it for the image posted to my gallery.

Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: francois on June 22, 2018, 03:10:09 am
Light is sublime and while different both shots are stunning. In the end, I like the first one a lot, it's my favorite.
Well done.
Title: Re: Midsummer
Post by: brandtb on June 22, 2018, 07:59:01 am
Nice