Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jhein on June 19, 2018, 12:04:51 pm

Title: Question on buying a used Z3200PS
Post by: jhein on June 19, 2018, 12:04:51 pm
I have the chance to buy a used 3200PS very cheap.  I currently own a first gen Z3100. The Z3200PS appears to be working just fine.  My only concern is the owner does not have the APS puck.  My question is what am I giving up by not having it?  I already own a I1 Photo for profiling my monitor.  Can I stiill have all the paper profiling capabilities?

thanks
Jim
Title: Re: Question on buying a used Z3200PS
Post by: felix5616 on June 19, 2018, 12:49:31 pm
I never used the supplied puck, i just profiled my monitor with an eye 1 puck i had and then did my own paper profiles using the onboard spectrdevice. never had an issue. the supplied puck was never removed from its package
Title: Re: Question on buying a used Z3200PS
Post by: glyph on June 20, 2018, 02:09:13 pm
APS stopped working for me a couple of OS upgrades ago. I preferred it, but the HP Utility profiling does work alright.