Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 11, 2018, 03:10:09 pm
-
Actually, the same one but from a different angle. Thoughts?
Jeremy
-
Interesting angle. Not street either, though there are those who would question that.
-
The double-arches one on the left looks as if it comes from Utah. ;)
I like the way the two forms interact.
If it were mine, I would be tempted to clone out the little pointy ice chunk that intrudes from the right side.
-
Actually, the same one but from a different angle. Thoughts?
Excellent. Very dramatic—and the colors are striking. If you don't mind saying, how much if any of that was a result of post-processing?
-
Very effective, and I'm anthropomorphising a lot today and I see a screaming face on the left side resulting from the attacking right side!
Imagination dialled down a little, it's just simply a great shot on all counts.
-
Very effective, and I'm anthropomorphising a lot today and I see a screaming face on the left side resulting from the attacking right side!
Imagination dialled down a little, it's just simply a great shot on all counts.
I see it too, especially on the thumbnail.
-
Thanks, all.
Chris, much less than you'd think: it was a dramatic scene. There's a B&W conversion blended in luminosity mode (that's a great technique for boosting detail) and some contrast increase in the blues, with some minor slider adjustments in LR. It took me less than 15 minutes from the raw. If we'd had some sunshine, it would have taken even less.
Jeremy
-
I like the rocky texture of this old ice, it calls to mind its near-geological age.
The colours here are so dramatic that there might be opportunities to tone them down a tad, if it were mine.
-
I wouldn't change anything in this fine image.